Black Fruit Blend
Ceylon Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavours, Peach
Astringent, Baked Bread, Drying, Fruity, Honey, Malt, Peach, Spices, Vanilla, Tea
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

3 Images

• “Second tea for March Mad(Hatter)ness! This is for the black tea round, going against Lupicia’s Cerisier. This is another 2018 tea, still in a sealed 20g sampler packet. When I cut the packet open,...” Read full tasting note
  • “So many teas have arrived from Cameron :) This one didn’t have much flavour while it was hot, but as it cooled, the peach started to come forward and the subtlest hints of pastry in the background....” Read full tasting note
  • “Cold Brew! What is it with me and butter flavouring lately!? This is definitely the most buttery tasting peach tea I’ve ever come across, but for me it’s that buttery note that totally sells the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Today it was good again :) Nice black tea with weet notes of vanilla and peaches. Maybe way too sweet for me, but I don’t mind; it was good. Indeed very vanilla and peaches, give me some fresh ones :)” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Our first black tea + peach pairing and a heavenly one indeed! This blend tastes like a classic cobbler straight from the oven… warm, gooey, sweet with that delightful gold brown crust.

Sri lankan black tea, freeze-dried peach, pink cornflowers, natural flavouring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

This is another 2018 tea, still in a sealed 20g sampler packet. When I cut the packet open, it still had a delightful peach aroma, with a hint of something honey-esque on the nose, as well. Steeped 3.5g for 500ml 205F water for 3 minutes.

The steeped tea smells spot-on for the dry leaf, with that “peaches and honey” aroma; in fact, the honey aroma is even stronger, now. The tea is warm and inviting; the peach note tastes quite fresh rather than candy-like, and the sweetness that smells like honey is tasting closer to vanilla on the tongue. The base tea provides a bit of that “cobbler” feel as it is quite bready, and I’m getting a subtle spice note from it as well; it is a touch astrigent at the end of the sip and leaving a drying feeling settling over the tongue. I may have to try subsequent cups with a touch of honey to see if that curbs that sensation at all; I feel like milk might bulldoze the flavor too much, but it isn’t out of the question.

Compared to Cerisier, this is a tough call, because both teas did a really good job of portraying what they were going for and had spot on flavorings, and both were negatively affected by astringency and drying in the sip. I think Peach Cobbler is going to just edge out the competition though because Cerisier had the disadvantage of being on a decaf base; while that gives me a personal scheduling advantage of being able to drink it in the evenings when I have a bit more “time for tea” than I do during the work day, the downside is I get a slight metallic tinge to the flavor.

Peach Cobbler moves on!

Flavors: Astringent, Baked Bread, Drying, Fruity, Honey, Malt, Peach, Spices, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 17 OZ / 500 ML
tea-sipper

YAY PEACH COBBLER! :D

Mastress Alita

And the astringency actually mellowed out as my work thermos cooled down, so once that happened it became a very easy-sipping and pleasant cuppa!

So many teas have arrived from Cameron :)

This one didn’t have much flavour while it was hot, but as it cooled, the peach started to come forward and the subtlest hints of pastry in the background. The peach here is quite realistic, which I appreciate. The base tea is not my absolute favourite, but there’s no astringency, so it’s fairly enjoyable.

I don’t know that I’d order this one for myself, but I’m so grateful to have been able to try it. Thanks Cameron!

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

You’re so welcome! And thanks for the lovely package. :D

Cold Brew!

What is it with me and butter flavouring lately!? This is definitely the most buttery tasting peach tea I’ve ever come across, but for me it’s that buttery note that totally sells the cobbler element of this tea. It’s sweet but mellow peach at the start of the sip but then afterwards its like having bitten into a very rich, buttery croissant and having that buttery flavour linger on the palate… Mmm…

I recently split a tea order from Bird & Blend with Marika and I definitely added in a refill pouch of this tea to my order – it’s definitely one of the stand outs of this past summer’s Battle of the Peaches for me.

Today it was good again :)

Indeed very vanilla and peaches, give me some fresh ones :)

Flavors: Peach, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML
White Antlers

I love a good, juicy peach!

I bought this in the Boxing Day sale. It’s one of those blends that I was happy to see pop up in the sale. Usually they have some limited time blends appear for the sale, which I certainly appreciate. I wouldn’t say this is cobbler exactly — it’s peaches and cream all the way. It’s mostly a black tea base with tiny peach pieces and lovely pink flowers. I went with a teaspoon and half but that many leaves are a bit bitey, so I don’t think it really needs that many leaves. But that means the black tea base isn’t weak, which I wouldn’t prefer either. Both steeps have an equal amount of peach and cream flavor, which I can appreciate. I love it. It’s a GREAT peach flavor too, as some can be very artificial tasting. Not this one. Another unique and lovely cup from B&B.
Sidenote: I’m LOVING CriterionChannel.com. It’s so nice to have these films again after Filmstruck was unbelievably cancelled (by Warner Brothers). These movies are essential and can hardly be found anywhere else. So many of my favorite movies are Criterion movies. sigh.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 20 minutes after boiling // 2-3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep
2019 sipdowns: 38 (Angry Tea Room – Amazing Apricot)

My god, this smells divine – like thickly layered peaches and cream. Surprisingly enough, the creamy peach mouthfeel actually comes across really well, even without added dairy or sweetener.

It’s a super mellow, gently fruity and a delightfully well-executed example of peach as a flavor.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Huh, well despite some initial ordering confusion, I think this might be my favorite B&B so far. I was not really hyped about it, because I really don’t like those supermarket peach flavored bottled ice teas (I mean I don’t like those anyway, but the peach ones fall more under “comprehensively loathe”) but I ordered this … I guess. For some reason. Why? I don’t even remember, to be perfectly honest. In fact, I was a little confused when I opened the package (expecting Christmas Cake, a different B&B order I’ve been waiting (and waiting and waiting) for. I thought it was a mistake, but no, here’s the “Bears Like Marmalade” that I also definitely did order, and yes, whaddya know, I ordered this, too. Hm. Well, okay then, let’s drink this thing!

And … YUM. This absolutely tastes like peach cobbler. I’m having mine sweetened with milk, and will also go all the way latte with this and maybe some maple syrup too very soon, but wowzer it’s is really warm baked peachy and pastry-like. I don’t know if B&B tweaked their recipe since earlier reviews, but my packet definitely does not go light on the flavor. Yet I still taste the tea, which is essential to me. Nice! My only issue is that I think I steeped it a bit too long as I washed up some stray dishes while waiting for it to brew — about 4 minutes, and I’m getting definite tannin bitterness.

Welp, there’s nothing for it but to immediately make another cup now that I’ve finished (read “gulped down my gullet like an animal”) this one. While we’re waiting for it to steep (only 3 minutes or less!) I’ll mention that the other thing I finally got in the mail today (after the package going astray for a month) are a couple of mugs to match my dishes: https://imgur.com/a/G09w7wQ. This is a jolly, cheery great cup: nice, ergonomically comfy handle, good stable bottom, stoneware for holding the heat, just the right size, a lovely round belly for warming cold hands if you want to go there, and thank the Gord, finally, white on the inside so I can see the color of my tea! Very pleased! (Denby Craftsman, if anyone’s curious.)

Okay, so second cup! Yes, 2.5-3 minutes steep sorted the bitterness issue, and this time I did add some maple syrup … and ohhhh yes. Beauty. I can’t help it. I do love my flavored dessert teas when in the mood (like this cold, rainy, grey afternoon), and surprise Peach Cobbler is hitting the spot so hard. I’m so glad I apparently sleep-ordered this one!

(Actually, now I see that 4 minutes is the suggested steep time, but I use a lot of leaf, so maybe that was the issue. I think I love it my style though: lotta leafy, less steepy.)

ETA: This might be a good place to mention that my measure for this is 2 of B&B’s “Perfect Tea Spoon” spoons, which upon receiving, I found turned out to be the exact same size as the spoon I had dug out of my own stuff that was working perfectly for me — a half-tablespoon size from my measuring spoons. So, basically, I’m using a tablespoon of most of my black teas for 300-350 ml of water, which usually ends up weighing about 5-6 grams, so usually about 2 grams tea per 100 ml of water, or a little under. This probably sounds like a lot of BRAINZ effort for a pretty simple thing, but I cannot adequately express my frustration with trying to figure out how much a “teaspoon” and a “cup” were actually supposed to be when I began this voyage. I’m still not clear on that, and when I veer out of my lane (with greens and oolongs, etc.), I still feel like I’m kind of grasping in the dark to figure out proper measures.

205 °F / 96 °C 2 min, 45 sec 5 g 320 OZ / 9463 ML
Cameron B.

That’s funny, my purchases arrived in a strange order too. I got my Candy Cane order from Friday of the “ghosts” week before I got my Christmas Cake from the Monday. Apparently the Christmas Cake is just a slacker, LOL.

lizwykys

A slacker and “high maintenance” since it could only be ordered on the one day, and none of the email links I got from B&B worked, so I had to tinker with a url Mastress Alita gave me for the US version to get to the EU version, and now waiting every day for it to decide to eventually show up. Apparently this is my commitment-phobic “trophy girlfriend” tea: she made a lot of promises, but gave me the wrong number, abandoned me for the holidays, and is probably kicking back on the French Riviera somewhere while I pine away. But never mind, I’m thinking I could have something deep and lasting and beautiful with Peach Cobbler.

I’m dying over here… XD

I ordered Peach Cobbler, too. Can’t wait for it to show its beautiful face now!

tea-sipper

haha. Yes, thanks for your early hype. I ALMOST tried this tea for the first time today!

EmmaM

Oh my goodness! You make it sound sooo good! I need to check if they ship to the US now!

Mastress Alita

I am glad I’m not ordering tea right now, I don’t need any high maintenance girlfriend teas. Me and Christmas Cake had a nice fling while I sipped down the sampler I had from a past cupboard sale from tea-sipper, and then it was time for us to part ways, diva that she is. ;-)

I do have some Peach Cobbler in my stash I haven’t tried yet, though…

I don’t use much leaf when I make blacks, maybe it’s just my preference? But like you, I just don’t do the whole “teaspoon/tablespoon” thing… it means nothing to me as a unit of measurement. I do everything by weighing in grams on a scale now. For 350ml I use 2.5g of black tea (at least for full leaf rather than CTC) and steep 3 minutes. I’m an absolute tannin wuss and rarely add milk or sweetener, hahaha. If I am planning on adding milk or sweetener (like I want to make a tea latte) I will add more leaf, though.

This tea smells AMAZING! Unfortunately the black tea overwhelms the peach flavor. If I take a deep inhale of scent after each sip I get a bit more of the sweetness, but the overwhelming taste is black tea. It does leave a nice peach aftertaste in my mouth, however, the lack of peach during drinking makes this a bit too disappointing.

Flavors: Peach

142/365

This is the first tea I’ve tried from Bluebird’s 2018 spring collection. I waited to order until their Easter teas were in stock, and I’d hoped to get to those first (i.e. drink them over Easter weekend) but the parcel didn’t arrive until today, so…

I also don’t have any honey in the cupboard, so making a latte is a bit of a struggle. The recipe for this one didn’t need any, though, which is primarily why I chose it. I wanted a latte, and I didn’t want to go out. Figures.

This one smells delicious. It’s absolutely, definitely peach, with a background sweetness that reminds me a lot of crumble topping. To taste, it’s very similar. The peach is the main flavour (as you might expect), and it’s pretty natural and flavour-accurate. There’s also a really prominent butteriness that’s actually a little distracting, but I imagine that’s the “cobbler” element. It’s creamy and fairly sweet, definitely a dessert tea (at least, as a latte). I plan to try it straight at some point over the next couple of weeks, and I imagine it might be quite different like that. Today was latte day, though, and nothing else would do.

I like this one. It’s definitely a spring-appropriate flavour, and it’s brightened up what proves to me another wintery morning. It’s April now. WHEN is spring going to get here properly?

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp