Banoffee Rum-ba

Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 4 g 10 oz / 300 ml

3 Images

• “I guess I ordered a fair number of caffeine-free Bird & Blend teas. Luckily, they seem to do such teas pretty well. This is one that sounded just delicious despite the base, and yet again, the...” Read full tasting note
  • “This weird weekend is finally over. Just picked fairly random again, okay, not so random. And as I remember this quite alcoholic, despite not alcohol is in, it as matter of 2 minutes of decision....” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Banoffee pie is one of our absolute favourite sweet treats & this brew pays it homage with hints of creamy banana, sweet cream & a kick of rum to finish it off! Two slices, please!

Krisi’s (chief mixologist) top tips

“This taste’s great hot with milk (especially if you’re a Banana Bread Chai lover), equally good as an iced tea with milk or even cold brewed in milk. I’ve actually made this as an iced tea cocktail, shaken, with a splash of rum… AMAZING!”

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I guess I ordered a fair number of caffeine-free Bird & Blend teas. Luckily, they seem to do such teas pretty well. This is one that sounded just delicious despite the base, and yet again, the flavourings do seem to counteract the base sufficiently to make drinking it enjoyable for me (although like with Moondrop Dreams, it would be better with say, a nice Chinese black base.)

Anyhow, this tea is quite potent upon opening the package. Strong banana and alcohol flavours, along with some sweetness. As is not typical of teas, the tea also actually tasted nearly as strong as the aroma, with delicious banana-rum-toffee sweetness. A hint of rooibos, that I could do without, but the strongest flavours are by far the banana and rum. I’m fairly impressed. Not my favourite tea, but it’s yummy and accurate to its description; I will enjoy what I have of it and that’s probably sufficient for me!

This weird weekend is finally over.
Just picked fairly random again, okay, not so random. And as I remember this quite alcoholic, despite not alcohol is in, it as matter of 2 minutes of decision. 4min30seconds steep. And Kittenna tasting note was another reason to try it again.

Dark red-brown colour, maybe bit like bricks. Smell is amazing, banana chips combined with cinnamon. Caramel or toffee (what is actually the difference?) notes are there today too!

In taste it is much less woody than last time. Alcohol and banana combined with cinnamon flavours is great hit. Or it tastes like wood kegged alcohol.

I really like the smoothness of this tea. In taste it looks it will be harsh, but instead it is smooth. Little of vanilla flavours now, with few last sips.
From kettle on to last sip – 50 minutes.

Flavors: Alcohol, banana, Caramel, Cinnamon, Rum, Vanilla