Mistletoe and Wine

Herbal Tea
Apple Pieces, Cinnamon, Cloves, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Red Peppercorns, Rose Hips, Sprinkles
Hibiscus, Red Wine, Tart, Cinnamon, Clove, Lime
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář

2 Images

• “Somehow, this tea rests in my cupboard and I haven’t touched it yet; just opened and I guess I prepared it once for my brother who wanted caffeine free alternative. He is like my guinea pig for...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day 1 of the 3 day winter storm is over. I think we have about 5 inches so far. The wind is supposed to pick up tonight and then we’ll get two more days of snow. Church is already cancelled for...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a newly released tea from Bird and Blend. It’s not on the website quite yet, but i just got it with my subscription. This is a super yummy, tart festive punch. The balance of orange/lime...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Hibiscus, Cinnamon, Apple Pieces, Cloves, Lime Leaves, Red Peppercorns, Rosehip, Sprinkles, Orange Peel, Natural Flavoring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Somehow, this tea rests in my cupboard and I haven’t touched it yet; just opened and I guess I prepared it once for my brother who wanted caffeine free alternative. He is like my guinea pig for some teas, I don’t really like.

But, this one I haven’t even touched. I haven’t got it yet. And the leaflet is buried somewhere in my tea related bag (full of empty pouches, empty tea bags and so on).

So, “wine” tea? Interesting… let’s try. 5 grams, 400 ml mug… and song with same name:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZCEBibnRM8 I guess Bird and Blend used it as a name on purpose.

How weird to listen Christmas song (carol?) in February.

To the tea: Brew itself reminds indeed a wine. Red mulled wine. Dark red, clear. Even aroma reminds it. I guess it was the goal of the mixologists there. Aroma and brew itself is winning; but the taste, for me one of the most important part – is okay only.

I mean, it is not bad at all! It is like mulled wine, but somehow, quite muted. Quite watery, tart… something is missing. I don’t really know what is it; but it is missing there. Maybe more cinnamon? Less hibiscus to be used? Some actuall wine flavours?

Flavors: Hibiscus, Red Wine, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

Day 1 of the 3 day winter storm is over. I think we have about 5 inches so far. The wind is supposed to pick up tonight and then we’ll get two more days of snow. Church is already cancelled for tomorrow, which is good, because there is no way I could get out of my parking lot. Maybe 16 inches of snow in total for this storm by 3pm Monday. Welcome to North Dakota.

It was really pretty earlier. The snow was big fat flakes falling straight down. Snow falling vertically is pretty rare up here. Most often it comes down at a slant, or even purely horizontally. I sat in my chair with my knitting and tea this afternoon and watched it. It was very relaxing. As long as I didn’t think about having to unbury the car, it was relaxing. I don’t drink, really, so this tea (Mistletoe and WINE) is as close as I get.

The tea is a pretty, wine color from the hibiscus. The last cup I had the hibby wasn’t as prominent. This cup was quite a bit more sour. So sour I didn’t finish it. I shall try another of my B & B subscription teas tomorrow afternoon, when I will watch the snow driven along by the wind and listen to it howl. Fun times.

Maddy Barone

Thanks, Martin! Good day to tea drinking and knitting. But it’s not that bad right now. I just dread having to dig my car out tomorrow afternoon. https://www.instagram.com/p/B6qSz6mgR5I/

ashmanra

I wonder if the cold weather is headed our way? Here in eastern NC, it was 72 today and will be warmish the next couple of days. It sounds like a lovely of knitting and tea, but having to go out in it tomorrow? Oof.

This is a newly released tea from Bird and Blend. It’s not on the website quite yet, but i just got it with my subscription. This is a super yummy, tart festive punch. The balance of orange/lime leaves (which I love!) and the cloves/cinnamon are absolutely wonderful. Such a cozy winter tea. I do still prefer Sleigh Ride by DavidsTea as my herbal/fruit punch/holiday blend, but this is a really nice alternative.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Hibiscus, Lime