Cherry Cola Bottles

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Cardamom, Cherry, Cinnamon, Dried Cranberries, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Hips, Stevia Leaf
Fruity, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tangy, Tart, Cherry, Apple, Clove, Lime, Orange, Red Fruits, Rosehips, Spices, Sugar, Acidic, Cinnamon, Cola, Powdered Sugar, Stevia
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

3 Images

• “Bird & Blend Advent Calendar 2021: Day 10! Seeing hibiscus and stevia in the ingredients list had me worried, but y’know… I’m not mad about this one! The tart hibiscus and sweet stevia balance...” Read full tasting note
  • “Huh this didn’t turn out how I expected based on the name and my experience with the soda blends from 52teas. The dry leaf was mostly fruit, and it smelled strongly of lime, so I decided to have...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was craving something sweet and I wanted to open this subsciption pouch already! I think it’s from November 2020? Aaaages ago, when my country was still in state of emergency? Well, in fact, we...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bird & Blend Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 10 I only used about 12 ounces of water for these two sachets instead of my usual 16, because it just didn’t look like enough leaf to me. Plus fruit...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Our tea blending wizards have done it again by turning your favourite movie snacks into teas! You’ll cherry much appreciate this sweet & tangy blend.

Apple pieces, hibiscus, rosehip, cinnamon, cardamom, cola nut, lime leaves, orange peel, stevia, freeze dried cranberry, freeze-dried cherry, natural flavouring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Bird & Blend Advent Calendar 2021: Day 10!

Seeing hibiscus and stevia in the ingredients list had me worried, but y’know… I’m not mad about this one! The tart hibiscus and sweet stevia balance each other out, and there’s a nice zesty brightness to it. I don’t get a ton of cherry—more generic red fruitiness—but that’s OK.

I actually liked the second steep quite a lot; most of that hibiscus tang was gone by that point, and the flavor was overall a bit deeper. Not bad!

Flavors: Fruity, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tangy, Tart

Huh this didn’t turn out how I expected based on the name and my experience with the soda blends from 52teas. The dry leaf was mostly fruit, and it smelled strongly of lime, so I decided to have this cold. It tastes like spiced fruit cider? That’s not what I was expecting at all. I prefer it to B&B’s mulled cider, but it’s not a flavor profile I’m in love with overall. I wouldn’t buy it again, but I actually did enjoy my 50g of this one.

I was craving something sweet and I wanted to open this subsciption pouch already! I think it’s from November 2020? Aaaages ago, when my country was still in state of emergency? Well, in fact, we still are. It ends midnight of Monday. And no, numbers aren’t THAT better. Rather worse. More here: https://english.radio.cz/lower-house-refuses-extend-state-emergency-raising-fears-a-set-back-fight-8708160

But I am here because of the tea. I had maybe twice cherry flavoured Coke. I had cherry flavoured Czech alternative to Coke called Kofola (which I drink way more than Coke.) And then there is Dr. Pepper which, I am not sure if it is considered as cherry flavoured cola drink, but I noticed it there for sure. The last one I have tried at maximum, 5 times.

This tea tastes like the gummy in cola bottle shape, that’s right. Somehow more cherry-hibiscus tartness here than in the sweets. The stevia is have that typical sweet and sticking* note. Not a fan. Missing a kind of creamy note. Maybe being chilled it would turn out much better. Maybe as a tea-pop.Maybe… cold brew?

*wrong word, couln’t come with better one.

I used two tea spoons and it should be 7 grams? Somehow crazy, isn’t it? But I won’t mind having this tea sipped down faster than usual.

Flavors: Cherry, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tart

Cameron B.

Dr. Pepper isn’t generally thought of as a cherry soda, but it’s definitely one of the dominant flavors for me too.

White Antlers

I think the word you want is cloying. Dr. Pepper is not a cola. The company says it is "a unique blend of 23 flavors.’ When it first came out, rival soda companies said it contained prune juice to dissuade consumers from buying it.

ashmanra

Instead of sticking, would lingering be what you were looking for? Like the taste hangs around a while.

Cameron B.

“Sticky” also makes sense when describing sweetness.

Mastress Alita

Dr. Pepper is my pop of choice. Imagining only having it five times is mind-blowing…

Martin Bednář

Ah, that’s the word I was looking for White Antlers, I knew I was using it in past, but I just couldn’t remember.
ashmanra, oh well that would be a good word to I guess.
Cameron B. okay. I had no idea it can be used :P, joys of not native speakers.
Mastress Alita, it is like you live here and dislike Kofola. You just HAVE TO. Haha., Well, why I haven’t got it more often? I tried it for first time 4 years ago and well it is terribly expensive here. So, I am not getting it that often as I would like to.

Bird & Blend Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 10

I only used about 12 ounces of water for these two sachets instead of my usual 16, because it just didn’t look like enough leaf to me. Plus fruit tisanes always tend to need extra leaf to have a strong enough flavor in my experience.

This feels very similar to Day 1’s Christmas Cranberry Pie tisane – red fruity with hibiscus and spices. But I think this does have a somewhat more “cola” flavor to it, whether it’s from the kola nut or the spices. There is stevia here, but for me it’s just enough to temper the hibiscus tartness a bit. The spices are well-balanced, and the cherry flavor isn’t overly candy-like. There is a slightly acrid taste from the apple that I could live without, and a hint of that powdered-sugar-like stevia aftertaste.

Overall, I quite like it, which is saying something for this sort of tisane. It has a nice balance of sweet, tart, fruity, and spicy. Very festive and something I could see myself drinking in the evening during the holiday season. :)

Flavors: Acidic, Apple, Cherry, Cinnamon, Cola, Fruity, Hibiscus, Powdered Sugar, Spices, Stevia, Sweet, Tart

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

Adventaggedon Day 17 – Tea 5/6

Oh, hell yeah!

I waited and saved this cuppa until a moment during the day when I was feeling least nauseous/queasy because I expected the flavour, regardless of whether I liked it or not, to be pretty volatile on my stomach. That was likely a good call, as the blend was on the sweeter side.

B&B used to carry a tea called Lime + Cola Guayusa and I was a big fan of that tea – I still have some very ancient leaf of it in a tin somewhere. This feels like an improvement on that cola flavour for sure – effervecent, and punchy with a hint of hibiscus and a sweet cherry note! I would totally order this one again.

Advent Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI6lipOAskU/

Bird & Blend Advent Day 17 (17-December 2020)

After waiting, and waiting, and waiting, the wee plant shop we get our plants from had the Calathea rosy back in stock yesterday! This morning I placed the order for her! We’ll do a curbside pick-up next week and I can’t wait!

Okay, so this tea had a bit of a repellent scent in the dry sachet — spicy, yet medicinal? I don’t know exactly how to describe it. Steeped, the scent is more mellow, but now sweetly spicy? Is that the cola nut?

Blech, stevia. No, thank you. I don’t even know if I want to continue drinking this, just after the first stevia-filled sip. I feel like I’m being punished trying to drink this to decipher the flavours. Am I drinking Vick’s VapoRub? Maybe this will be better chilled? I’m going to pop this in the fridge for now.

Time for some good tea, because I have my ecology exam at 5a tomorrow!

Lex does say it tastes like cherry cola, but it’s not something that should be a flavour of tea. She ended up tossing hers out.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML
Martin Bednář

Fingers crossed for your exam!

Courtney

Thanks!

ashmanra

What a gorgeous plant! Now that I looked it up, I want one!

Courtney

Aren’t they beautiful ashmanra? I can’t wait to pick it up next week!

I found it interesting that both DavidsTea and Bird and Blend came up with a cola gummy tea around the same time. This isn’t tasting like a cherry cola gummy, more like cardamom and hibiscus. Definitely a festive punch vibe.

Dustin

Do they both taste the same?

amandastory516

I haven’t tried the DT version, but I’m guessing not. The DT one is just ‘cola bottles’ no cherry involved.