Miss Dammann

Green Tea
Flower Petals, Ginger, Green Tea, Lime, Passionfruit Flavor
Citrus Fruits, Fruity, Passion Fruits, Citrus, Ginger, Jasmine, Smooth, Lime, Floral, Grapefruit, Rhubarb, Grass, Honey, Tropical
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Morning refreshing tea? Morning tea! It is 8 am – so time for start the day. I need to study for Friday exam. So let me pick some green tea. I decided for this one, becasue it is actually last one...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipped this while watching Bohemian Rhapsody. Such a good movie. Really nice ginger tea. I put ginger in almost everything I cook, especially in my rice congee. It’s a subtle tea, very smooth....” Read full tasting note
  • “Advent calendar – day 5 I drank this one late this afternoon, and I probably should have made it in the morning when I wanted something fresh and light. I like this tea. It’s pretty soft and not at...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day 5 from the Dammann Freres Advent Calendar When I saw it was a green tea I almost skipped it. I don’t like the grassy/vegatal flavor of green teas. But I had decided on Day One that I was going...” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

Spirited and spicy like a Parisian mademoiselle, Miss Dammann combines green tea and ginger with the fruity, tangy scents of lemon and passion fruit. A fresh and lively blend.

Dominant note : Spicy/ Woody
Note(s) secondaire(s) : Citrus fruits, Exotic fruits
Type(s) of tea : Green tea
Main flavour : Ginger
Complementary flavour(s) : Lemon, Passion fruit

About Dammann Freres View company

Morning refreshing tea?
Morning tea!

It is 8 am – so time for start the day. I need to study for Friday exam. So let me pick some green tea. I decided for this one, becasue it is actually last one I have not tried from the DF box. And butter salted caramel oolong is not what I want to drink in the morning.

I used about 90 °C water, added tea sachet and watched the leaves grow. As the sachet is quite big, they expanded to full lenght! They are usually torn into small pieces, not really whole leaves, but they are quite big.

I did not know what to expect, because it contains ginger bits, lime oil, passion fruit flavour. The tea has got nice yellow-green colour.

It smells very floral, with notes of passion fruits and citruses.

In taste it is actually very refreshing! with fruity notes of passion fruit, but ginger makes it not so sweet as one can expect. But it is not too spicy because of ginger. Probably my most favourite green tea I had from this box.

Flavors: Citrus Fruits, Fruity, Passion Fruits

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 45 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML

Sipped this while watching Bohemian Rhapsody. Such a good movie.

Really nice ginger tea. I put ginger in almost everything I cook, especially in my rice congee. It’s a subtle tea, very smooth. Floral but not too much. Citrusy but not too much. Balanced and the ginger is the star in this one. I was worried that some tasted Jasmine because I can enjoy a little of it but not a lot. No problem in that department. Lovely morning tea if you like Ginger.

Thank you Cameron B.!

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Ginger, Jasmine, Smooth

190 °F / 87 °C 5 min, 0 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cameron B.

I love this one, and I don’t even like ginger that much! I think it’s just a very good balance of passion fruit, lime, and ginger. I don’t remember the floral aspect, I guess I’ll have to try it to refresh my memory. ;)

Kawaii433

I tasted a little Jasmine but it was it was a very good balance. Not many flavored teas are this balanced (I say that with itty bitty experience though lol). Thank you for sharing it with me. It’s great that I got to try a few of Dammann Freres and good ones too!

Todd

Sounds good! Jasmine can certainly be overdone easily.

Kawaii433

@Todd I hope you like it when you try it as we did! :D (If you haven’t already hehe)

Advent calendar – day 5

I drank this one late this afternoon, and I probably should have made it in the morning when I wanted something fresh and light. I like this tea. It’s pretty soft and not at all in your face. The lime and ginger blend nicely. No grassy taste for me —I brewed it at a lower temperature than they recommended so that might have helped. I had a difficult time tasting the rhubarb, grapefruit or passion fruit. I could only taste a light fruitiness. It’s another green tea that I really liked but I don’t think I would necessarily purchase it. But I have a second sample of this one so I might try it again and see if I change my mind :p

Flavors: Fruity, Ginger, Lime

Day 5 from the Dammann Freres Advent Calendar

When I saw it was a green tea I almost skipped it. I don’t like the grassy/vegatal flavor of green teas. But I had decided on Day One that I was going to try every tea in the calendar. No skipping. If I don ‘t like it, I don’t have to finish the cup. That’s fair, right?

Well, knock me over with a feather. I like it. Not enough to put it on an order, but it was very drinkable. Even pleasant. The lime is most prominent for me, followed by the ginger. The lime/ginger combo was great together. As the cup cooled the grassy flavor came out. I popped my mug in the microwave, but it was too late. The grassy flavor remained. The next time I have a green tea I will be sure to drink it right away instead of dawdling over the cup.

Thank you to Cameron B for this sample.

I have to say this is one of my favourite green tea blends ever. The rhubarb, the floral jasmine, and the spicy aromatic ginger…just so good. The little pink petals are lovely too. I can’t overstate how great the ginger and rhubarb flavour is. Hints of citrus and grapefruit. I’ll be buying some of this with my next order. Until then, I have half of the sample left for another cup!

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Fruity, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Rhubarb

Cameron B.

I love this one too! ❤

Work – 3:00 PM

Ahhh… This is just a wonderful afternoon tea. Soft and mild, with a nice lift and freshness from the lime. The ginger pairs so well – it’s warming but not overpowering, as ginger often is for me. The passion fruit is light and just gives a lovely sweet, tropical note. In the background, the green tea is smooth and subtle but not hidden. And at the end, just a slight aftertaste of honey.

And can just talk about the tin? I mean, come on, it’s rose gold for heaven’s sake!

A perfect tea for relaxing and taking a moment for yourself.

Flavors: Ginger, Grass, Honey, Lime, Passion Fruits, Smooth, Tropical

Advent Calendar Day Twelve

Wow, half way through already!? That seems kind of crazy.

I like this one a lot though; it very light and refreshing with soft flavour notes although it doesn’t lack in flavour. Primarily, I’d say this mostly takes like lime/passionfruit and has a borderline tropical like quality. However, it’s also got a really soft ginger finish which greatly compliments the lime. Other flavours which crop up throughout sips are freshly cut grass, from the base, and linden leaf.

One thing I’ve noticed throughout this calendar is that DF seems to really enjoy incorporating ginger into their blends. However, I don’t seem to mind that overall. They generally do it well.

Sorry for the long radio silence! I have been drinking tea and writing notes about them, they just have not made it onto steepster yet!
Here is an invigoratingly scented green tea that Dinosara sent along with my recent order of Salted Butter Caramel Oolong. These leaves smell like one of those ginger bath bombs. No matter how little they claim any flavored blend of theirs have floral flavors, every DF blend I’ve ever come across smells at least a little like the greatest florist’s shop on earth, and this one is no different. It is like a fresh, not nearly ripe enough passionfruit has been cracked open and accidentally dropped in a Spring bouquet and you bring it to your nose after using ginger soap. This is not a spicy ginger, but a FRESH ginger. Invigorating and appetizing!
First, I have to say NO WAY am I brewing this thing at 195 for 4 minutes as they suggest on their website! Falling back to my normal parameters for my other DF greens: 175/1 minute. The brewing liquid smells much more ginger-y than the leaves did. I’ll admit I tried it after 1 minute and decided it DID need some more time, and plopped it back in for another minute, then…. I forgot about it. So it steeped for 4:30 :(. It actually is a little fruitier and more floral now, and not bitter! I’m suspicious I underleafed this puppy.
Mostly, it tastes like floral grapefruit with a ginger-candy aftertaste. Pretty yummy, and also energizing! I like it, but don’t love it. I can see people who really like sweet ginger enjoying this a lot.

Flavors: Citrus, Ginger, Grapefruit, Passion Fruits