Honey Black

Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Oh, honey honey

This beautiful black tea is a seriously special treat. It comes from a small garden on the east coast of Taiwan – an area usually reserved for growing oolongs. But the fresh air, clean water and abundant sunshine come together to create some deliciously flavourful black teas as well. To create this luxurious cuppa, each gold-tipped leaf is hand plucked and twisted, for a stunning tea that looks just as beautiful as it tastes. Our favourite part? A sweet and lingering hint of honey in every sip. Now that is sweet.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had a nice big pot this morning, and it really hit the spot. Pure honey, malt goodness. I enjoyed it with some raw sugar and oat milk- so good!

Sipdown! 302/365!

This tea is super old. Like possibly 2011 DT advent calendar old? It’s surprisingly still not too bad – not overly sweet, but a nice light, flavourful black tea. I’d expected it to taste more like a mi lan black, but the sweetness is usually a fair bit stronger in those teas. Nice enough, though.

#ProjectTeaWall

I have 100% had this tea before, and it is delicious. However apparently I’ve never actually logged it in Steepster? So, I’m basically just drinking a small teacup of it right now so that I can refresh my memory on the tasting notes present and get some documentation of it up to continue my streak/stretch of trying and writing about every tea currently sold by DT in store or online or that has been since I started working there…

The body on this tea is just lovely; so smooth and creamy. Flavour is rich and sweet; a mix of creamed honey/malt, cocoa, raisins, and freshly baked bread. Maybe a tiny touch of cinnamon? It’s hard to picture how anyone could dislike this type of profile – and I wish that DT had brought this back instores in addition to having it online. It just wasn’t feasible though, in terms of how much they would have needed to source to supply every store with it. Same reason it was discontinued all those years ago when it was core; supply was too small for the demand.

Which is tragic.

Sample from omgsrsly I thought i’d tried this one from David’s before but it appears not. Brewed this one up today since i’m trying my best to get through a couple samples today while i work from home. This is relatively decent. there’s a sweetness here. It reminds me a little of a lesser version of some of the teas from TTC. I’d drink this one again :) thanks omgsrsly!

Thanks Evol! Brewing it up Gong Fu, and the first sip is mostly malty with a slight honey aftertaste. Nice body and texture with a little bit of a chocolate covered raisin thing going on, but I get malt, honey hints, and smooth texture more than anything else. Malty black tea overall. The same can be said for the later steeps. A little flat, but again thick and smooth in terms of texture. I did not enjoy this one as much as the other samples you gave me Evol, but it is not bad.

Evol Ving Ness

I preferred the other DT blend which you sampled the other day as well.

This tea is a good straight tea, another one to be careful with steeping. It has a little honey taste to it, perhaps it would be even better if I added honey or milk to it.

Flavors: Earth, Honey

I got this as my frequent steeper reward. I was like mwahahaha, I’m getting a $17 tea for free! Still, I feel nervous about drinking a tea so expensive. And while it’s good and I can tell it’s good quality, I don’t think I’d buy it for the price. It’s not mind-blowingly amazing. I definitely get the sweet lingering taste at the end but I don’t actually taste it as honey, per se. Just a general sweet flavor.

Maybe fancy blacks aren’t my thing, and I’ll just stick to flavored teas.

Flavors: Malt, Sweet

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Mostly getting a note of malt here. The honey note, maybe a little. This is reasonably nice but not spectacular.

Brewed this one time in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 4 min.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Nice. Just getting into tea, but this is in the top 5 so far. First and second steeps very pleasant with a little raw honey and a bit of milk.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 0 OZ / 0 ML

Gorgeous flavor, doesn’t need sweetener or milk. The honey flavor is so subtle and unexpected that it livens the whole experience. Magnificent tea.

Flavors: Earth, Green, Honey, Wood

Violisa

I agree! Thanks for the glowing review.