Coconut Cream Pie

Oolong Tea
Coconut, Oolong, White Chocolate
Coconut, Plants, Sweet, Cream, Floral, Grass, Nutmeg, Creamy, Mint, Smooth, White Chocolate, Earth, Nutty, Chocolate, Milk, Wood, Butter, Nuts, Roasted, Sugar
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Sipdown – the end of this was all sugar and finely crushed coconut, but dang did it make a delicious cup. I’ve fallen more in love with this as I made it through the 1 oz bag, to the point that I...” Read full tasting note
  • “This review is for the Coconut Cream Pie infused Milk Chocolate Bar This bar reminded me of a Bounty Bar with a toasted coconut flavor and crunchy coconut pieces. I would say it is one of the...” Read full tasting note
  • “HOT: This tea tastes mostly like straight up coconut milk, with some grassy/floral tones to it. I found it to be a little boring, although I do enjoy coconut milk. I added a splash of cream, and it...” Read full tasting note
  • “It was a rather difficult day and I was very thankful for the chance to get some alone time while my husband took the kids out of the house. I sat down to watch a new favourite of mine, Travelers....” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Cream of the cup

Rich coconut. Creamy white chocolate. And a golden, buttery crust. Can anything top a coconut cream pie? It’s a dessert so dreamy, so fluffy, it’s like eating a deliciously retro cloud. If we had our way, we’d be snacking on coconut-filled custard 24/7. Lucky for us, this tea came along. It’s an unbelievably decadent blend of toasted coconut, white chocolate and cane sugar, all on a base of smooth-drinking oolong. The best part? It’s an all-natural blend. We’ve got pie hopes for this one…

Ingredients: Oolong tea, white chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, butter oil, soy lecithin, vanilla extract), coconut, toasted coconut (coconut, sugar, dextrose, salt), cane sugar, natural coconut flavouring.

Contains coconut, milk, soy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown – the end of this was all sugar and finely crushed coconut, but dang did it make a delicious cup. I’ve fallen more in love with this as I made it through the 1 oz bag, to the point that I think I’m going to pick up a bigger one next time I’m in the store. Not my healthiest tea, but great to drink all day until those oolong leaves are spent.

This review is for the Coconut Cream Pie infused Milk Chocolate Bar

This bar reminded me of a Bounty Bar with a toasted coconut flavor and crunchy coconut pieces. I would say it is one of the better tea chocolate bars DAVIDs has put out but at the same time, a Bounty Bar is significantly cheaper so I would probably just buy that if I was craving this flavor.

Check out the full review here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2017/09/23/coconut-cream-pie-chocolate-bar-from-davids-tea/

Please keep things friendly and .

HOT: This tea tastes mostly like straight up coconut milk, with some grassy/floral tones to it. I found it to be a little boring, although I do enjoy coconut milk. I added a splash of cream, and it brought some vanilla notes out pretty strongly, and I tried some with lemon and was surprised to discover I preferred it this way. Overall I felt that the tea was good, especially if you like vanilla, just boring and lacking the depth of flavour that I prefer from oolong tea.

ICED: I normally prefer hot tea, but this tea has some extra floral and grass notes that come out a little more iced. I like it better without cream than with. With cream it tasted exactly like a glass of coconut milk.

Overall this tea was boring to me. I am sure however there are some coconut lovers out there that would be much more satisfied than I was.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Floral, Grass, Nutmeg

Please keep things friendly and .

It was a rather difficult day and I was very thankful for the chance to get some alone time while my husband took the kids out of the house. I sat down to watch a new favourite of mine, Travelers. As I was watching the show, I decided it would be well matched with warm cup of tea as the rain hit the window the thunder let me know the sky was alive.

I really didn’t pay much attention to what I was grabbing other than that it was part of the Your Daily Resolution tea set that I had opened this morning. As always I opened the tea and gave it a great sniff knowing right away it was something with coconut. It brews a cloudy pale yellow and produces a coconut and grassy aroma. Taste wise it is ok, it is smooth and creamy, with a grassy taste and a hint of mint (not sure where this comes from) but I did not taste the coconut that I smelt in the dry leaves and in the scent wafting in my face.

My husband tried a bit (he is not a tea drinker) and he thought it was more nutmeg flavoured.

While I will not go out of my way to buy this again, I am sure others will enjoy this. I have come to realize I am not much of a coconut fan in my teas.

Resolution with this tea – Eat (and drink) more ginger … ironically this made me laugh since there is no ginger in the tea.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Grass, Mint, Smooth

195 °F / 90 °C 7 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML
Fjellrev

Oh no, I’m sorry you had a difficult day but I hope having that muchly needed alone time was able to make up for most of it.

I wasn’t a fan of this one either.

Please keep things friendly and .

A delicious dessert tea. But when I strolled down to my local David’s Tea shop at noontime and got this cup, I was shocked to be charged $4.28 for it. It was an occasional indulgence at $3.00. David’s Tea has just lost a customer.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy

Please keep things friendly and .

I prefer the Coconut Oolong from DAVIDs to this Coconut Cream Pie flavour. Coconut Cream Pie is also nice and creamy but the roasted coconut comes out much more clean and crisp in Coconut Oolong. The white chocolate in this is pleasant, don’t get me wrong, but it just doesn’t win me over the same way. There’s a more artificial sweetness to this one.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, White Chocolate

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Thanks so much NayLynn for a sample of this one with the Nutty & Spice! I was bound to love it. And I do. Nothing beats a fresh coconut tea. This seems to have two types of coconut (and probably some coconut flavor?), all delicious. There are some sugary pieces that give the tea sweetness. Otherwise, the green oolong flavor hides behind all the lovely coconut. I think using a Bao Zhong oolong base would have been even better, but this one is very enjoyable — three great steeps! One serving after this will be a sipdown…

Please keep things friendly and .

If you let this tea steep for a long time it tastes just like its name. Love it! I’ve seen some other notes say they don’t taste the coconut very much but I disagree. With a little sugar this tea is an amazing dessert flavour. I didn’t use enough tea for my 18 oz. pot but it was still amazing.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Earth, Nutty, Sweet

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

I love oolong… I love coconut… I love white chocolate… so yeah, it was obvious that I was gonna like it. I preferred the old coconut oolong, though. I still have some so I can compare and I found that the flavour of the old one was a bit better and the 2nd steep was also good. This one is less interesting to resteep.

Please keep things friendly and .

I very much enjoyed this. It was my first coconut tea. It wasn’t too sweet or artificial tasting. I wish the coconut would have shined through more. A very nice dessert tea.