Black Tea with Peach

Black Tea, Lemon
Artificial, Candy, Earth, Hay, Peach, Smooth, Sweet, Wood
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I cold brewed this for the first time with 2 tsp in my water bottle for a bit too long (prob over 12 hours). At the first sip, it really reminded me of Peach Snapple Iced Tea except without the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Fortnum & Mason Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 15 The last fruity black tea! To me, this tastes very much like peach gummy rings. Which isn’t necessarily a horrible thing, it’s just the peach is...” Read full tasting note
  • “The first sipdown of a tin from the Fortnum advent. Very peachy and nice without milk or sugar but could take it well if you like those. Had my Moderna booster yesterday afternoon. Arm is the most...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea has an odd “dusty” flavor~ like powdered peach rather than peach juice or pieces of peach. It reminds me of that added flavor when eating dried fruit. For me, this extra flavor...” Read full tasting note

From Fortnum & Mason

Real fruit pieces and a carefully selected blend of predominantly China teas make this an appealing and naturally sweet beverage any time of the day. Fortnum’s Black Tea with Peach also makes a lovely iced tea, when flavoured with a sprinkle of sugar.

Ingredients: Black Tea, Peach Pieces (0.25%), Peach Flavouring

About Fortnum & Mason View company

I cold brewed this for the first time with 2 tsp in my water bottle for a bit too long (prob over 12 hours). At the first sip, it really reminded me of Peach Snapple Iced Tea except without the crazy amount of sugar that they put in there. As I kept drinking, though, the peach flavor did come off a little medicinal-tasting, but not too strongly. Anyway, it was a nice fruity tea where I could still strongly taste the black tea base. Not bad!

Fortnum & Mason Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 15

The last fruity black tea!

To me, this tastes very much like peach gummy rings. Which isn’t necessarily a horrible thing, it’s just the peach is more candy-like rather than the fresh fruit, at least to my tastebuds. The base is the same somewhat generic but pleasant Chinese black, making a smooth and earthy foundation for the added flavoring. Overall, it’s a quite straightforward peach candy sort of tea. Peach isn’t my favorite in tea (not sure why, I love fresh peaches) so I’m not overly excited about this one.

The jam though! Today it’s Fig-Cardamom Spread, and I looooove figs. It’s so yummy, rich and sweet with a nice concentrated figgy flavor. The cardamom is noticeable but still just an accent, and complements the fig so well. So cozy and comforting for this time of year! Sadly, this is not a permanent flavor… :(

Flavors: Artificial, Candy, Earth, Hay, Peach, Smooth, Sweet, Wood

whosbradpitt

Funny how different tastes are; here I am thinking your tea sounds perfect and I did not enjoy the spread at all!

Cameron B.

That’s what makes it fun! If we all had the same opinions, this site would be very boring indeed ha ha.

Please keep things friendly and .

The first sipdown of a tin from the Fortnum advent.

Had my Moderna booster yesterday afternoon. Arm is the most sore it has ever been with any shot ever. Headache and sore muscles means it is working, so yahoo!

I’m going to bed.

Evol Ving Ness

Hurray for getting boosted. May the discomfort and fatigue pass quickly.

CrowKettle

Congrats! May the side effects alleviate quickly!

ashmanra

Thank you! Still have the yucks but hoping to wake up feeling normal in the morning!

Shae

I hardly had any symptoms after the first two but the booster nearly took me out. I hope you’ll feel good as new tomorrow!

mrmopar

Hope you feel better soon cuz. So far the shots haven’t bothered me.

DrowningMySorrows

Hope you’re feeling better today! The first shot was the worst for me but I’m not sure if it was the vaccine itself or the person giving it (nursing student who hadn’t quite perfected her injection technique yet).

Leafhopper

I hope you’re feeling better!

ashmanra

I am finally feeling better! Thank you!

Please keep things friendly and .

This tea has an odd “dusty” flavor~ like powdered peach rather than peach juice or pieces of peach. It reminds me of that added flavor when eating dried fruit. For me, this extra flavor unbalances this tea. It is a decent tea overall, but I keep thinking I’m drinking dried fruit with black tea.

Sipdown (120)!

Thank you MissB for the sample! I think this is the first Fortnum & Mason teabag I’ve steeped up from the ones you sent me? I made it when I got home from shopping/the bank today.

This review is for the bagged version of the tea, obviously. The leaf in the bag is kind of interesting looking; there are a lot of little white flecks and bits mixed in with the very broken up leaf. It reminded, purely visually, of crushed oreo cookie bits with little flecks of the white filling. I wonder what they actually are; tiny dehydrated peach bits? Perhaps lemon bits/peel?

I’m surprised by this blend; it’s more flavourful and robust than I was expecting – the peach flavour is very full on rather than more subtle. My initial thought was that it reminded me a hint of peach pie filling/cobbler filling. No crust, obviously – just plump, sugary sweet peaches! There are other fruit flavours I’m noticing – the lemon, obviously. It, too, it very sweet with limited to no acidity. It’s almost ever borderline like the filling from a Lemon Meringue pie? But there’s one more fruit flavour I’m noticing – and my gut it telling me it’s generic melon. There’s nothing that indicates that there should be melon flavour, though. So I think I’m just crazy.

Other reviewers are describing this similar to fuzzy peaches; but I disagree a little bit. While it’s certainly not a totally natural peach flavour I thought that there was some degree of realism to it; which is why, what with all the sweetness, I thought of pie filling. There’s real fruit in that – but also a lot of sugar and syrup/glaze.

The base itself was pretty nice; I thought it was present but didn’t over take the fruit. Honestly, this is the best bagged peach tea I’ve ever had – and it’s better than some loose leaf ones I’ve tasted too. If I had to go with a single defining word to describe it I’d likely pick “Plump”. Thanks MissB, this was a winner in my books!

Maddy Barone

That sounds nummy!

Thank you MissB and Sil!

There aren’t a lot of teas left I’m super keen on trying, although I’ll be packing up one serving of each for myself as I divide the remainder. So many greens! :P

Anyways, this is a decent peach tea. I think I prefer peach and ginger, but you know. Plain peach works as well. The base is not bad at all either, and it goes well with milk. It’s a sort of candy-sweet peach flavour. Sort of. Not quite like Fuzzy Peaches, but not quite like a fresh ripe peach or a peach pie, either.

Thanks for sharing! :)

(2 tea bags, 2 minutes, 16oz, 195F.)

Please keep things friendly and .

Another tea courtesy of MissB and it is really nice, especially for a bagged tea. The peach flavor smells and tastes like fuzzy peaches, minus the sour/tart element. The base is maybe a little heavy for the summer-like peach flavor but it is still a pleasant beverage. Thank you for the share, MissB!!

MissB

Fortnum & Mason is another must-see when you go to London. The tea area is a bit of a zoo, and they do sell loose leaf but only in 100g quantities. Inexpensive tea though, and very Royal… pretty sure it’s the one with the Royal Seal, but I could be wrong.

VariaTEA

I shall try my best. And if I do go, I will take pictures and hopefully grab some tea we will see how that goes though seeing as my bag gets weighed at each leg of the trip :P

Please keep things friendly and .

Review is for the bagged version I received courtesy of MissB! Will merge into a new listing later if need be. Anyhow, wasn’t overly excited for this one (not compared to the caramel and toffee teas, anyhow!), but went straight to my boyfriend’s place after the tea festival, and all I had with me was the tea from Sil (no infusers), so it’s a perfect time for some bagged tea.

Aroma and flavour were both somewhat peachy (think fuzzy peaches without the tartness), which was better than some peach teas I’ve had, which was nice comsiderkng it was bagged. Black base was pretty unremarkable, but that’s better than overly astringent! Overall, not bad at all, but fruity-flavoured teas are not faves anymore, so I’m fairly indifferent. Thanks for the share, though, MissB! (Brewed 2 min at 100C).

1 tsp