Heirloom Bartlett Pear

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Cinnamon, Cornflower Petals, Flavor, Nutmeg, Peach, Peach Flavour, Pear, White Tea
Cinnamon, Fruity, Spices, Apple, Nutmeg, Pear, Cream, Hay, Oats, Sweet, Smooth, Creamy
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “I found this to be a lovely, light tea with a nice fruit flavor. It reminded me of pears sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I drank it with just a touch of sweetener and nothing else. I really...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thank you Cameron B. :D First pear tea I’ve ever tried. Because I’m so new to flavored teas, after reading some of these reviews/comments, sounds like good pear teas are hard to find. I guess I got...” Read full tasting note
  • “Hmm this tea reminds me a lot of one I tried in a swap a few months ago called something like empress white. This is a fruity flavor I enjoy, but I wouldn’t call it pear necessarily. I think...” Read full tasting note
  • “365 Days of Tea Challenge – Day 15 Ahhh my love, we meet again… I absolutely adore this one. Pear is one of my favorite flavors in theory, but I’m often disappointed in its execution. It’s often...” Read full tasting note

From Harney & Sons

Heirloom Bartlett Pear tea is a fruit-filled lovesong to the light, sweet leaves of Mutan white tea and crisp flavors of Bartlett pears. The silvery white and green Mutan leaves mingle with delicately succulent pieces of pear, apple, and peach. Spice notes of nutmeg and two kinds of cinnamon add a touch of zing. The result is a multifaceted, beautifully layered infusion that’s light and warming in every cup.

Ingredients:
White tea, pear pieces, apple pieces, peach pieces, pear flavor, nutmeg, cinnamon, white cornflowers, peach flavor. Contains natural flavors.

About Harney & Sons View company

I found this to be a lovely, light tea with a nice fruit flavor. It reminded me of pears sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I drank it with just a touch of sweetener and nothing else. I really like this blend but after several samples I realize it’s not my cup of tea (sorry, couldn’t resist). I’m just not a fan of white tea. They’re too delicate and fussy for me. I prefer heartier, bolder blends.

So, if you’re a fan of white teas and enjoy fruit blends, this tea should be right up your alley. It’s delicious. If Harney ever releases this with a black tea base, I’ll be all over it!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Spices

Thank you Cameron B. :D

First pear tea I’ve ever tried. Because I’m so new to flavored teas, after reading some of these reviews/comments, sounds like good pear teas are hard to find. I guess I got lucky since this one tastes like pear, has real pear, and has nice nutmeg and cinnamon notes that blend well with it. It’s smooth, mellow, light-bodied. Yummy. It’s also my first Harney & Sons tea. ^^ If I make an order there, I’ll include this one. :D

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Fruity, Nutmeg, Pear, Spices

185 °F / 85 °C 2 min, 45 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cameron B.

I would agree that a good pear tea is difficult to find, and especially a good fresh pear tea! I’m glad you like this one too.

Kawaii433

I did :D. Thank you again.

tea-sipper

First Harney tea! You have much from them to enjoy yet. :D

Kawaii433

hehe Sure seems like it if they taste like this one. :D

Hmm this tea reminds me a lot of one I tried in a swap a few months ago called something like empress white. This is a fruity flavor I enjoy, but I wouldn’t call it pear necessarily. I think DavidsTea has the best pear tea I’ve tried. This one is light and free from bitterness. It’s tasty, but I’m glad I only ordered the sample size! It’s not this tea’s fault, though. I just prefer a bolder flavor than most white teas can give.

365 Days of Tea Challenge – Day 15

Ahhh my love, we meet again…

I absolutely adore this one. Pear is one of my favorite flavors in theory, but I’m often disappointed in its execution. It’s often either overwhelmed by other notes, or it lacks the crispness that I long for.

But this tea executes it perfectly, in my opinion! The white base is a great choice – it’s soft and mellow with a comforting oat-y flavor that’s light enough to support the pear while letting it shine. The pear flavor here is delightfully crisp and fresh, just like a firm and juicy pear. There’s just a light kiss of warming spice to give it an added comfort factor without making it seem like pear crumble.

Nom nom nom. And what a lovely tin, too! This one will definitely be a permanent resident of my cupboard, lovingly restocked each and every time I sip it down.

Bumping the rating!

P.S. – I’m halfway through the first month of my 365 Days of Tea challenge! Yay!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Creamy, Hay, Oats, Pear, Smooth, Sweet

mmmm should try this one eventually. Good pear teas really are hard to find!

Cameron B.

Let me know if you’d like to do a swap! ❤

Haha I’d love to but totally not a good time for that. My brain is fried with kidddo coming in 11 wks….so much to do, and work isn’t slowing down!

I can’t believe I am first to review this. This was the new Harney release I was most eager to try, and I am not disappointed. I often drink it for breakfast, but it is perfect for any time of day to me. I don’t need help waking up so I donkt require a lot of caffeine in the mornings, so white tea suits me just fine.

From the first taste, this tea has reminded me very gently of Christmas, but I can enjoy it any time of year. It is the nutmeg that makes me think of fall, cool breezes blowing the leaves around, excitement of the season changing, family and friends gathering…it is such a cozy tea. Yet I have only had it in summer! Can’t wait to have it in fall. That will be a while where I live….

Reordering when this gets low, and I am already down by half.