Nutcracker Black Tea

Chocolate, Cinnamon, Mint, Sweet, Wood, Nuts
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “Oh, hey. There’s mint in this tea. And I can’t actually tell! Weird. Anyways, it smells like dessert. Spicy vanilla nut cake or something. Sipping it, there’s a distinct coolness on the tongue....” Read full tasting note
  • “The first tea to try from my giant Simpson & Vail order! I know I’ve tried all of these holiday teas in the past, but reading the old notes isn’t quite the same as remembering them, so I just...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s summer, time to write a tasting note for Nutcracker! I’ve tried this tea a few times but it just never results in the cup I want. There are so many ingredients here, but it’s very light in...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

A delectable tea blend for you and all your guests this holiday season. We’ve combined Autumn flavors with decadent chocolate and mint and added a touch of warming cinnamon. Nutcracker brews to a deep amber color with a creamy, refreshing taste and a heavenly aroma. The flavors in this blend are not competitive, they perfectly complement one another … kind of the way it should be during the holiday season!

Ingredients: black tea, almond pieces, orange peel, cranberries and cinnamon & chocolate mint flavors. Contains Tree Nuts.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

Oh, hey. There’s mint in this tea. And I can’t actually tell! Weird.

Anyways, it smells like dessert. Spicy vanilla nut cake or something.

Sipping it, there’s a distinct coolness on the tongue. There’s the mint. Thankfully it’s not too strong. The other flavours are all kind of muddled up together, though. I think this is a tea that needs a little sugar, but since I’m not doing sugar right now (I guess I could have added some honey), I plopped in some homemade coconut creamer.

Hmm. Not bad. Not really a fantastic flavour to me either, though. That’s a little disappointing. It smelled SO cakey dry.

Oh well! I have Gingerbread, and I really like that one.

Edit: This one is from wheezybee. Thanks! :)

Yvonne

Oooh, this sounds delicious!

OMGsrsly

If you like mint, then maybe? :) It’s really not a favourite of mine.

The first tea to try from my giant Simpson & Vail order! I know I’ve tried all of these holiday teas in the past, but reading the old notes isn’t quite the same as remembering them, so I just ordered the sampler again. I picked this one sort of randomly, and the ingredients list sounds utterly bizarre to me. Almond, orange, cranberry, cinnamon, chocolate, and mint?!

Umm, yeah it’s a bit weird. I’m getting a very strong woody note from the base tea. I think I can taste the chocolate and mint, but not much else. Maaaaybe a hint of cinnamon?

It’s quite odd, chocolate mint wood tea. Hmm, more experimentation is needed…

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Mint, Wood

Courtney

S&V! Ahhh, I am excited for you!

Lexie Aleah

I didn’t see the sampler this year maybe I looked for it too late or just missed it.

Martin Bednář

What a haul!

Cameron B.

Lexie, I got this one: https://www.svtea.com/Holiday-Tea-Sampler-Gift-10-packages/productinfo/C0240/

They didn’t do an advent this year, which is how I tried these teas the first time!

tea-sipper

YEAH for a giant S&V order!! You started with my least favorite S&V holiday tea so I think it’s all uphill from here. haha

It’s summer, time to write a tasting note for Nutcracker! I’ve tried this tea a few times but it just never results in the cup I want. There are so many ingredients here, but it’s very light in flavor, both with the black tea itself and the flavors and ingredients. What should be here: almond pieces, orange peel, cranberries, cinnamon & chocolate mint flavors. Even though I noticed plenty of orange pieces, and at least two cranberries and other various bits go into the infuser, it’s tough to taste any of these. In a blind taste test, I probably wouldn’t mention ANY of the included ingredients. Maybe all the flavors just combine together to create a new flavor instead of flavors I can’t pick apart. Because honestly, I can’t distinctly taste any of these flavors. Also, the black tea results in a very light brown color with both steeps. So overall, not the holiday magic I expect (and the steeps were the same in the winter as well, so it isn’t just a matter of sipping season.) Ah well, can’t win them all.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoon for a full mug// 12 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep