Red Panda - High Mountain Black

Edit tea info Last updated by teabento

From teabento

Grown at high altitude, in one of the remotest and untouched places in Yunnan, hand-picked from the first flush and hand processed with traditional methods that are used for producing Taiwanese black tea, Red Panda is another exceptional tea which we are proud of. The dry leaves offer a strong fruity sweet aroma. The infusion is rich, mellow and subtle malty in taste, with notes of dried fruits and honey, as well as a sweet long-lasting finish. A really rare, amazing tea, which we warmly recommend!

>> To find this tea at: https://teabento.com/en/product/red-panda-2/

About teabento View company

This is a unique black as it is a Yunnan black, processed as a Taiwanese black. Happy Panda has notes of blackberry, malt, and clover honey. The texture is super oily, which I love. This tea does get quite bitter and dry at the 4th infusion.

Full review, along with other Teabento black tea reviews, on Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/black-teas-teabento/

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 1 g 1 OZ / 15 ML

As always, thank you to Teabento for proving me with a killer awesome sample! I chose all black teas because that’s how I roll, and come on, tea in the shape of a red panda? Sold.

The description of this tea is bang on. It drank half my cup before revisiting the notes since I haven’t read them since initially deciding on my sample requests, and I automatically thought of honeyed fruits with a touch of malt. This has a thicker mouthfeel in comparison to the others I’ve tried so far, which is my jam too. It’s good!

mmm. honey notes? check. smooth brew? check. this is actually closer to sun moon lake teas that i’ve had in the past. I am a fan!

Helena

It was so hard to choose teas on their site. I went with the other panda :D Although I think Red Pandas are cooler. There’s always next time though.

CrowKettle

Why are these tea displays so adorable? I’m helplessly enticed and I don’t even have the money for enticement. :O