1999 Cangmi

Bitter, Leather, Sweet, Tobacco
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 4 g 2 oz / 60 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This tea was good, at least I enjoyed it. It started off with notes of tobacco and perhaps leather. These didn’t last and were replaced by another aged note that was still a little unpleasant. This...” Read full tasting note

From Yang Qing Hao

Product description not available yet.

About Yang Qing Hao View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea was good, at least I enjoyed it. It started off with notes of tobacco and perhaps leather. These didn’t last and were replaced by another aged note that was still a little unpleasant. This note (I’m not sure how to describe it) lasted another four or five steeps. This was replaced by a sweet note of sorts. Not apricot sweetness like a young sheng but a more subdued sweetness. It became very smooth. There was a certain bitterness throughout the steeps too. There was no note of wet storage. I think the storage of this brick was very clean. The main question is this worth the price? Because of the fact that I split this three ways and mailed off two big chunks of it today I would say yes. My first impulse is to say I wouldn’t get myself a whole brick of this in the next group order but who knows what I’ll think after I drink this again. I gave this tea fifteen steeps and stopped at that. I think it would have gone another five or six steeps. I don’t know if I will save the leaves for tomorrow or later today, I may. This tea has some qi to it. It is not a massive qi but I am definitely feeling it now, quite energizing.

I steeped this tea fifteen times in a 60ml gaiwan with 4.5g leaf and boiling water. I gave it a 10 second rinse and a 10 minute rest. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, 1 min, 1.5 min, 2 min, 2.5 min, 3 min, and 3.5 min.

Flavors: Bitter, Leather, Sweet, Tobacco

Boiling 4 g 2 OZ / 60 ML
tea123

Very interesting to hear your thoughts on these YQH teas. Btw, how long have you aired it out for?

AllanK

tea123 This was really not aired out at all. I only received them yesterday. Still pretty good though. Might be even better aired out though.