Classic Bai Lin Gong Fu "Golden Monkey" Black Tea of Fuding

Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Yunnan Sourcing

Bai Lin Gong Fu (aka Golden Monkey) Black Tea is made from Fuding Bai Hao “White Pekoe” varietal tea leaves. Our Premium grade is a one leaf to 1 bud semi-tippy grade. The tea leaves are picked in sets with 1 leaf and 1 bud. The processing allows for a golden-orange furry tip complemented by a dark leaf.

The brewed tea is sweet, viscous, fruity and floral. Very smooth drinking black tea with a little bit of bite, but not too much. Some people might prefer this to our pure tips Imperial Grade.

This tea is often referred to as “Golden Monkey” Black tea by western vendors.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Drank this tea yesterday while “playing” Life with my four-year-old. The moment the initial aroma hit me in the face I knew this was going to be a good tea. Nothing quite makes one happy like that first smell. Excitement for what’s to come. This one was full of earthy notes. Woodsy in many ways but also a scattering of different forest ones.

Evol Ving Ness

I love this one. Such a winner.

Lucky you—a four-year-old! A lot of work but such delight!

Michelle

This one is rather hard to mess up. Sometimes you need a forgiving tea that you know is going to brew a good cup.

Evol Ving Ness

Agreed. I have never had a poor cup of this.

Sipdown! Still undecided on what to do with YS going forward.

CrowKettle

Yeah, I just gave this company a chance a few months ago, but your experience does not instill me with confidence. They seem to have a good selection, but I can find similar delicious teas through What-Cha, Tea from Taiwan, etc.

Evol Ving Ness

Teavivre too has a good selection and an awesome track record re customer service and appreciation. Celebrate what you want to see more of.

Harvest & Year: Spring 2020

Ahh, this tea is so beautiful! And it smells amazing. Lovely golden dust floating all around and over everything. I left this to steep for too long, of course, but it’s still tasty even if a little bitter/astringent.

Side note – I finished up a quick inventory of the tea cabinet last night and I’m missing four teas! I keep everything separated into specific bins/drawers based on tea type so I’m not sure how they’ve managed to disappear. It’s not a big deal really, but I’m perplexed. I feel like I need to keep looking and looking until they are found, but I don’t know where else to look! I suppose if that’s the only thing going wrong for me today, then I shall count myself lucky. :)

Flavors: Chocolate, Malt

Mastress Alita

I have that problem when a tea goes missing. Usually I find the culprit “miscataloged” (a white tea stuck in the green tea drawer, etc.) There was a bit of shuffling when I moved houses.

Martin Bednář

Weren’t those teas sent to someone else?

Shae

I thought perhaps I’d thrown them in the wrong bin too, so I checked all of them twice. I’ll probably check them all again today because I JUST CANT LET IT GO.

I checked my swap spreadsheet too, Martin, but I never sent them out. :/ I’ll probably find them in two years stuffed in a sock drawer or someother random spot…