drank St Petersburg by Kusmi Tea

I AM SUCH A SPOILED SPOILED SPOILED PERSON, I’M JUST SAYING! flails

Had to get that out of my system. :p

Also from the Kusmi sampler pack we have this one, which has citrus and caramel. Funny sort of combination. Not one I would have been able to come up with on my own.

Totally caught up in the being spoiled and in having strawberries with milk for dessert, I forgot to pay attention to leaf smell and predictably to steeping time. So I don’t know if this post will be entirely accurate.

It does smell like some sort of citrus flavoured caramel. It’s kind of weird and kind of natural at the same time. The two smells merge quite well, the citrus taking some of the heaviness out of the caramel.

Tastewise, there’s definitely some oversteep damage here. There’s a bitterness to the swallow that I’m sure is not supposed to be there. A bit like a mix of soap and overcooked bergamot.

So I’m not going to give it any points yet. I want to try it properly first, but given the aroma, I’m feeling pretty hopeful about this one.

Auggy

Okay, similar tea taste is one thing but now you’re just being a copy cat. Hehe! j/k! Yay Kusmi Russian assortment!

I noticed that too! I swear I just picked a little tin at random! O.o
I’ll have to look for the other three sample sets, though. You know… for completion. :D

Auggy

(That looks like one big long block of hyperlink but I promise there are three in there.)

Angrboda

Yes, exactly. I got the set that came in a box with a strainer-thingy in it, which I have no use for btw, so they were mentioned on the box. Didn’t say what was in them though. I have a lead on where I might find them without having to internet shop.

…oh wait. I’m not supposed to be buying anymore tea…

~lauren.

They used to have those middling sized cans! Now the US site http://www.us.kusmitea.com/en/ only has the small ‘miniatures’ with the tea strainers – but the good thing is, they’re all back in stock!

Auggy

Lauren, if you click on the Gifts link on the US page (http://www.us.kusmitea.com/en/gifts/c3/index.html), they have three assortments (without the strainer) there. But no assortment of “The Afternoons”. Boo. But I think the tins are the same size so the only difference is the strainer.

~lauren.

Oh, there they are! I believe you are absolutely right about the sizes 25g = 0.88 oz! Thanks!

Ricky

Kusmi Store opens in NYC in May! I’m so going!

OoOoOh!! Where in NYC?

Ricky

Third Avenue & 61th Street. All the tea is mine! I’m going to steal all the samplers!

Ricky

Apparently I saved the exact location… don’t remember when I did this.

1037 3rd Avenue 61st Street

Cinoi

Sweet, you can steal all of the tea, I will go to the store when they restock :)

Comments

Auggy

I noticed that too! I swear I just picked a little tin at random! O.o

Angrboda

…oh wait. I’m not supposed to be buying anymore tea…

Ricky

Kusmi Store opens in NYC in May! I’m so going!

OoOoOh!! Where in NYC?

Ricky

Apparently I saved the exact location… don’t remember when I did this.

1037 3rd Avenue 61st Street