drank Precious White Peach by Teavana

okay, so i’m rating this one for both my wife and myself… Teavana is a very smart, well thought out franchise. they tend to be expensive, but overall their tea quality (in my opinion) is excellent, so maybe they’re entitled to be. what does that have to do with this tea? lots.

this is an expensive tea. wincingly so if you want a hundred grams versus fifty. white tea is more expensive, true. subtlety in taste and fragrance is also expensive. a truly balanced blend will always cost you. this tea has all of that. what costs a whole lot more? calm. peace of mind. no, i’m not digressing.

my wife recently had surgery. nothing but clear fluids 9 hours before surgery and nothing at all 3 hours before. this is the tea she wanted… and it settled her anxieties both before the big event and after, the low caffeine content didn’t keep her from sleeping and she wasn’t starving all night. it was great!

she still adores the tea and piped up some time back expressing how nice it would be if she could get a stronger peach flavour out of it. i stopped by teavana the other day looking for a herbal tea for myself and what do i see? a tea named Peach Tranquility. herbal, 1/4 of the price of the white tea and ideal for blending with the more expensive one!

why is this company so smart? because they create and deliver an expensive, elite tea that consumers want but also provide a reasonably priced herbal tea to meet the needs of average budgets. impressive all the way around; tea, service and planning.

TheTeaFairy

I’ve heard more negative that positive comments about Teavana here on Steepster, mostly related to their pushy sales techniques. When I read reviews such as this one, I am reminded of what really counts: the tea itself and how it makes you feel. Glad your wife found some comfort in it and hope she’s feeling better, I’m sure she is pleased with even more peachy tea around :-)

JustJames

true, their staff can be assertive, but in my experience that usually a directive from management…. they tried with me but once i told them to back off they started to listen, lol. sales techniques aside, i have a feeling this business is going to grow massively now that starbucks has grabbed it!
tea is the deal…. i don’t mind a higher price, but i have demands in return. there’s an amazing one from the republic of tea, but it’s 50$ for a tin! so i wrote and said ‘maybe, but not without a sample’. their reply? ‘absolutely sir.’

TheTeaFairy

I agree, I will spend the $ if quality presents itself. I find tea shops in general offer better personalized customer service than most other retailers. It’s just great when you can ask to sample a product before purchasing, it shows the owner’s confidence in his product and clientele.

JustJames

we are in full agreement!

Comments

TheTeaFairy

JustJames

we are in full agreement!

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC