Ok, back to the Emerald again. This time I have started afresh with a brew of 1 heaped tsp in a 250ml glass pot at 60 degrees and steep time of 1m 30s. I have kept the steep times and quantity the same so that I can compare the flavour at different temperatures. The cooler temperature gives stronger fruity flavours and a longer aftertaste. There is a slight hint of a pleasant astringency to the aftertaste, which goes on much longer. I think this tea definitely merits brewing at a cooler temperature than the recommended 70 degrees and that the result is worth it. For me the 60 to 65 degree range seems to be about right. For this reason I have increased my rating of the tea. I am now running low on it, but shall probably restock it when I have used up enough of the other teas in my cupboard to merit ordering more. Yes, I am trying to be controlled about my tea buying! :-)

Anthony Bazic

I would love to have a cup of Arya Darjeeling ! I only got a Darjeeling blend from Teavana and got the idea what it would taste like, but I figured a first flush or second flush straight from an estate would be more robust in flavor. The tea I currently have is a bit too light and a little mute, guess I have graduated to secnf flush. lol Never tasted a straight second flush but a blend but its really the taste Darjeeling in my opinion and first flush is more of an introduction to Darjeeling.

Roughage

I like the Arya teas. Canton Tea Co had a Darjeeling special last year. Darjeeling has been my favourite tea for many years, so I invested in the Ruby, Emerald and Pearl. Each is different and I have really enjoyed them all. I would certainly recommend trying them if you can. My only problem is that I have now finished the Pearl and the Emerald and the Ruby is almost all gone. Perhaps when I buy more we could do a tea swap so you can try these.

Anthony Bazic

I welcome a swap , I just need to have a wide range of varieties for a more equal worthy swap. I have in my collection 2 types of Japanese greens made by Maeda-En and Y.M.Y., 500grams of Turkish Black made by Caykur, and a Darjeeling blend made by Teavana. I used to have a tisane Rooibos blend called Tropica from Teavana but it ran dry a week ago. The swap is quite limited only green and black tea, so we I do have enough variety we’ll swap and i’m looking forward to it:)

Comments

Anthony Bazic

Roughage