My tastes buds are on fire. Burst after burst of different notes continuously hit me during the first sip. Milk, cream, silk, grass, floral, mint…
The aroma is heavenly, reminiscent of both the floral, creamy, silky aroma of Jin Xuan and the brisk, vegetal, vibrant Chinese Tie Guan Yin.
I must do the second infusion with a higher temperature, as I mistakenly used 195 degree water.
I’m excited about this one!

Update: Tried at a higher temperature (205 degrees) and do not like the notes as much. Went back down to a lower temperature (190 degrees) and it’s wonderful again!

Wolf girl. Equestrian. Writer. Artist. Gamer. Geek.

I joined Steepster back in August of 2009. Since then, I have been lurking around shyly and taken it all in. Just recently, I decided to log all of the teas that I have in my cupboard and from there I decided to be a bit more active on the site!

I’m addicted to three things: Tea, wolves, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

My favorite teas: Jin Pin, Matcha iri Genmaicha, Shu Pu-erh, and roasted oolong teas.

Broadly speaking I also love: Most Chinese red teas and most Fujian oolongs.

I’ve been drinking loose-leaf teas since childhood. I love everything from tieguanyin to gyokuro to a good British cuppa. I am looking forward to trying every tea type out there and building an extensive pu-erh library.

New York, New York