drank Orange Oolong by Bulk Barn

What was I thinking? Picking up loose tea samples today at Bulk Barn to try them out. I’ve had some before in the past and never liked them but thought I would try some new ones, thinking – you just never know. Since I joined Steepster and have been ordering teas online it seemed I’ve just got to have that new taste sensation all the time. I’m guessing there are a few like me here on Steepster. And yes, a whole bunch of Bulk Barn teas came up on Steepster so I don’t feel so alone anymore.

So anyway, this smelled quite nice dry. Just a hint of orange. Oolong looked to be a decent quality so brewed it up at the temp I used for oolong, I think around the 190. I can smell the light orange in it but the flavour is awful. What kind of cheap oolong did they use is this? Okay, maybe it’s not that bad, but it’s certainly not good. I’m probably spoiled from all the good milk oolong I’ve been drinking lately.

I’ve loved tea since I’ve been a kid. Back then it was Old King Cole black tea with milk in it. As the years went by I added in all kinds of teas and moved away from the blacks to more green, white,pu-erh rooibos,& herbal. Just recently I’ve started to enjoy a few blacks again along with oolong. Mostly I would just get my teas from the grocery store, Whole Foods, craft shows with small tea vendors, or when travelling. I did order online from a company years ago but only did the once. It was just in 2013 I joined Steepster and have started some online orders. Love love love Tealux but am hoping to try some different places.

Ontario , Canada