drank Blueberry Merlot by Tea Forte

Enjoying a surprisingly strong second steep of this today. It is not as tart as yesterday (less hibiscus) and I find the blueberry flavour is more out to play. The sage is still fairly strong, but supportive of the blueberry.

Also, unrelated but I have noticed today that my tea has been bothering the heartburn I have been enduring for a few days. Has anyone else ever noticed this? I’m assuming it’s a reaction to the hot liquid rather than anything else. Stupid heartburn, making me question my tea…

DaisyChubb

I suffer from the heartburn afflications too – I didn’t get anything from this tea that made it act up, but every ‘body’ is different so who knows!
My educated guess is that it has to do with the acidity of different teas, just like the acid level of certain foods affects acid reflux.

Cattibrie

I get heartburn tons. I had to give up coffee because of it. I don’t eat blueberries often because they bother my heartburn.

Uniquity

I don’t get it frquently (thank God!) but I took ibuprofen the other day and that seems to set me off. I had trouble with my cuppa bagged ceylon too, that was why the hot tea theory. Hmm…I just want it to end!!

aisling of tea

Black tea sets off my heartburn, as does hibiscus, which is part of why I hate it so. I’ve heard of black tea setting off a few other people too, just more acidic, I guess.

Cattibrie

I used to have to take ibuprofen with milk to prevent heartburn and feeling sick.

Uniquity

I hate milk (but milk products are okay)..I find yogurt helps, but very short term. I gave in and had a small swig of vinegar the other day when it was bad. It did work, but the initial burn from the vinegar was as bad as the heartburn!

aisling of tea

Almonds are really good for heartburn, and I find DavidsTea’s Le Digestif works wonders fro mine as well.

ashmanra

Indian tea and some greens set it off for me. If it gets vicious, I chew half a bismuth tablet and that usually gives my system enough of a break to recover. Puerh tea helps a bit, too. Fatty foods are a big no no for me!

Comments

DaisyChubb

ashmanra

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada