drank Rooibos Vanilla by Adagio Teas

So at first sniff, the dry tea smells like vanilla coffee. My daughter thinks it smells chocolaty. I was very ambivalent. I brewed it using the directions: 1tsp of tea/cup, boiling water, five minutes of steeping time.

The first smell was gorgeously vanilla and something else that my husband said smelled like a cookie. The first taste was kind of like licking a piece of wood that smelled like vanilla. My husband also agrees. Once I added a teaspoon of honey, the tea became drinkable, but the smell of the vanilla went away. There was this vaguely coffee taste with a woody finish. I never imagined that anything could taste woody, but this definitely has a woody taste (and not oak or pine my friends).

With honey, it isn’t bad, and I will probably finish it unless I decide to see if anyone wants to swap me anything else, but unless I find a better way of using it, like putting it in a cookie, this will be last rooiboss vanilla I drink.

Maybe I just need to try a different rooiboss, any suggestions?

KeenTeaThyme

I’m going to order a sample of the green rooibos. I’m not a huge fan of rooibos, but I figured I’d try the green. I could send some over to you if you’d like, either in a plastic bag or pre-portioned out in a tea filter. Just let me know. :)

atuinsails

Sure, if you like. I’m not sure how we go about exchanging private info, so, ah, let me know

Comments

KeenTeaThyme

atuinsails

Hi, I’m Brandy Hunt. I am a stay at home mom who likes to drink tea and write.

Georgia