I decided to try out my husband’s fuzzy logic expensive rice cooker to make congee, which turned out amazing! I remember eating congee with my Grandma for early lunches (with hours at the stove making it) and sometimes during our weekly trip to china town in Vancouver. I got that comfort food drooly fuzzy high feeling that I thought I should follow up with a good oolong or green.

DRY: soft floral and fruity – a pear kinda fruity.

STEEPED: strong floral smell! Steeps up a yellow tea.

TASTE: floral and sweet – a delicate fruity sweet zing overtop earthy light oolong. The more I drink this cup of tea and as it cools, the earthyness comes out more and becomes slightly astringent.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: floral tea lovers!

COMMENTS: First sip I was like “WHOA” drinkable perfume, light, delicious! I was in total tea love until the last cooler sips of tea. The astringent dryness at the end of my cup was kinda odd since I didn’t get that with the tea very hot. This tea was perfect until I hit that.

Overall, pretty amazing. I might tweak the steep time shorter or cooler water to avoid that astringent zone, but I could see this tea being a part of my permanent stash, but I have a few more oolongs to try from Persimmon Tree first.

Indigobloom