drank Bangkok Blend by Harney & Sons

I got a free sample of this with my last Harney & Sons order. It smells much sweeter dry than it is brewed, and it’s much mellower than I was expecting from the description, but it’s pleasant.

I mostly taste coconut and green tea, and the lemongrass gives it a slightly grassy, almost savory aftertaste. I don’t get any ginger from it at all. It’s an interesting one to try, but I’m not sure I would buy it. I’d like the flavors to be a little bolder, or for something else to be added to it to round it out better.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.