drank Cinnamon Plum by Rishi Tea

At first I didn’t like this tea, but since I have a whole box and need to use it up I decided to try mulling it. What a difference!

First the recipe: 32 oz of water in a saucepan, some mulling spices, brown sugar (or honey, if you prefer) to taste, and 4 or 5 generous spoonfuls of tea. Heat for 8-10 minutes, strain, serve, enjoy!

Mulling really improved this tea, so much so that I don’t think I’ll be drinking it any other way. The sugar mellows the tartness of the plum, and the spices improve what’s already there in the tea. My main complaint before was that there wasn’t enough cinnamon, but now the balance is perfect.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.