drank Cinnamon Plum by Rishi Tea

At first I didn’t like this tea, but since I have a whole box and need to use it up I decided to try mulling it. What a difference!

First the recipe: 32 oz of water in a saucepan, some mulling spices, brown sugar (or honey, if you prefer) to taste, and 4 or 5 generous spoonfuls of tea. Heat for 8-10 minutes, strain, serve, enjoy!

Mulling really improved this tea, so much so that I don’t think I’ll be drinking it any other way. The sugar mellows the tartness of the plum, and the spices improve what’s already there in the tea. My main complaint before was that there wasn’t enough cinnamon, but now the balance is perfect.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.