Decided to make this with lunch. My tastes seem to be okay, but I can’t taste much of anything with subtle teas. Unfortunately that means most of my lovely oolongs are out, so instead I think I’ll go with some stronger greens.

This. Smells. So. Good! I can’t believe I never tried roasted teas before this year, because now they’re some of my favorites. I used about a teaspoon and a half for 8 oz. this time, with water just cooled down from boiling. It seems to be a good way to prepare this one. Deliciously roasty, very calming.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.