drank Strawberry Oolong by Butiki Teas

Tea and a Movie
The downtime with Steepster today drove me to my Netflix and a Romance movie. A Foreign Romance movie with “Subtitles”. Ah…you do have to pay attention and read!
I’ve been reviewing such bold tea lately (Pu-erh’s especially) and wanted to turn a corner abruptly and review a tea to match my movie mood. I decided on a tea that I will discribe as romantic and sensual (Stacy at Butiki should like that discription Ha!).

The beauty of the green Oolong nuggets and the scent of the leaves when wet is so lovely. It is the flavor however, that is the crowne jewel. The Strawberry flavor does not hide the character of pure Organic Oolong tea. It enhances the natural flavor if anything, and layers naturally with it. The taste is soft and creamy, coating your tongue and when it cools a bit there is no horrid bitterness. I sweetened my tea, I like it that way. When you grow older and watch old romance movies (or the newer ones) your own memories of life and love are refreshed and come alive again. In your own mind you are young forever like the old woman in Titanic.
It’s fun to pick tea for an occasion. Pu-erh is for a mystery movie. Assam is nice for an old English Drama. You can find so many tea’s to match movies…so what are your favorites? The Pu-erh I had the other day…hum…something a little wild…or trippy…

What do you suggest as a tea movie pairing?

tigress_al

I like your description. Your tea seems to pair so well with a romance movie. I like fun iced rooibos like swampwater from Davids tea while watching Disney princess movies with my niece!

Angrboda

Subtitles. Welcome to my world. When you’re used to watching stuff with subtitles, you don’t pay attention to the fact that they’re there. But you DO notice when they’re not. The alternative is dubbing like they do in Germany, where they dub everything.

Bonnie

Chai of course with Monsoon Wedding (or any Bollywood)! Maybe Darjeeling with a more serious movie such as the Jewel in the Crown series.

Butiki Teas

Love that you pair tea with movies. I do that too. I love Keemun for anything nature related. Keemun reminds me of a mountain. I couldn’t think of a better tea for romance. Strawberry Oolong works perfectly.

LiberTEAS

How about Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and a good English Breakfast Blend like the one from Golden Moon.

Bonnie Butiki Tea has this Blue Nettle tea that is little almost 2 inch long wrapped tea leaves like well…little creatures. Horror movie tea!
Michelle

I have special Doctor Who tea blends that I’ve created to match the characters :)

Cool idea…tell more!

Comments

tigress_al

Angrboda