Thank you FONG MONG TEA for this lovely sample tea!

This is the last of the generous samples to review from FONG MONG TEA. I must comment on the high quality of the tea and supurb experience with the shipping, and packaging. I know that I am not alone in thanking this company for introducing so many of us to their fine tea’s.

This morning I selected this tea to fit the dappled sunshine coming through my window. Sparkling morning light reminds me of reflective light bouncing off water or peeking through the trees. I often pick a tea to fit the weather like setting a scene.

I brewed the tea in a ceramic vessel, used half the sample packet for a 6 minute steep.

The liquor was sunny yellow gold and clear.

My first sip was the flavor of juicy white asparagas…vegital but not too ‘green’ tasting. There was a sweet candied violet background flavor under the asparagas…unique.
My mouth began to tingle a little and I recognized the splay of tannin on my tongue just at the end of the tasting.
As the tea cooled, there was no additional tannin and little change in texture (a little creamier).
I sweetened the tea which flipped the floral flavor to dominant and the vegital to secondary in taste order. An interesting way to customize the experience to suit individual taste preference. Vegital…straight and for Floral…add sweetening.

Second steeping:
This steeping holds up well. The flavor profile remains unchanged.

An additional note…on how addicted I am to tea. :^(
While writing away, I had a small pot of HONEY on the STOVE on low with some LAPSANG SOUCHONG in the pot to infuse it for use as a drizzle on chicken or fruit/cheese. WELL I FORGOT ABOUT IT! I ended up with a nice smelling house and HONEY/LS TAFFY! GARRRR!
(No I refuse to chalk it up to old age or disability! It’s tea addiction! I get so engrossed in these tea tastings and reviews that the end of ages could come on Dec. 12th and I’d still be on Steepster!)

Oh great, now my mouse is sticky!

DaisyChubb

mmm can you harden it and break it into crystals to sprinkle over something?

Azzrian

Yeah unless it is burnt something like Daisy suggested would be nice :)

Bonnie

I put it on a sil pad spread out like taffy. I’d like to granulate it as much as I can.

K S

Bonnie your notes are so much fun to read that I feel a bit guilty enjoying your tribulations. You work magic with words. I feel like I’m sitting in the room with you… whose gonna clean that up… Umm, I have to go.

Bonnie

KS you’re just glad it didn’t happen to you! I made crystal sugar out of it but I don’t like it that much. Cooked too long! Need to try again. Lots of tea’s infuse beautifully!

K S

If I did it, there would probably be 911 calls made.

Jim Marks

That sounds like the tastiest accident in history.

Ninavampi

I completely agree with Jim Marks!

Comments

DaisyChubb

mmm can you harden it and break it into crystals to sprinkle over something?

Azzrian

Yeah unless it is burnt something like Daisy suggested would be nice :)

K S

If I did it, there would probably be 911 calls made.

Jim Marks

That sounds like the tastiest accident in history.

Ninavampi

I completely agree with Jim Marks!

Colorado Grandma