One of the things I do like about the design of the pyramid sachets is the large amount of room given for leaf expansion. When I placed the sachet in my cup and poured boiling water over it, I could watch the tea slowly grow and fill the bag along with the pink peppercorns, pieces of cardamom and ginger. For 5 minutes while the tea steeped, I played with a small spoon swirling the bag around in the water…watching the ingredients and smelling the aroma of spices curl up in the air around me.

I took a big sip and made an ick face, squishing up my nose.
The dark brew tasted odd. Somewhere the vanilla, spicey black tea tasted like an old pear was thrown in. Chai is better though when sweet, so I added sweetening but that didn’t help either.
I added milk. Chai with sweetening and milk is traditional I told myself, and if anything would make this taste good…this should do the trick.
In went the milk.

Errr…
It still tasted wierd.
It reminded me of benedryl.

For the first time ever, I’m not going to rate a tea. I know other people like this tea and I can’t tell you why, but the flavor hit me like the taste of medicine. It could be a personal thing.

After drinking the tea I could feel a little heat from the pepper and it was just the right amount. Very well placed.

Helena

Interesting… I haven’t recieved my sample yet… Oh well there are many teas out there so wash out your mouth with something better tasting :D that’s what I do when I taste something disappointing :D

Bonnie

or have chocolate ;D

Kashyap

the addition of pink peppercorns is always a bit of a gag, as they are not generally great at steeping into a cup whole and seem like aesthetic additive.

Comments

Helena

Bonnie