Thank you Dhart1214 for this tea sample!

The only Mate I’ve had thus far has been unflavored. When I saw the bag of Chocolate Mate in the samples from Dhart I was intrigued. It sounded like a good combination. Earthy Mate and Chocolate would be a natural.

I steeped the mix for 5 minutes and the resulting brew smelled more like prune or raisin and carob.
My first taste was interesting in the odd meaning of interesting.
If I was a hard liquor drinker, I could pick out a whiskey that this tasted like I’m sure of it.
I just stopped and went to the Georgia Tea Company Website to read the ingredients because of the odd taste (non-listed on the package).

UH OH…ROOIBOS!…I’M ALLERGIC TO ROOIBOS! (Good thing I only drank 1/3 of the cup so far! And the rest of the package will go elsewhere! I know Dhart had no idea!)

Anyway, the ingredients are: mate roasted, rooibos, cocoa bits, barley malt, coconut rasps, cinnamon, cloves, flavoring, cornflower blossoms.

Even with cream and sweetening this didn’t taste like chocolate. When you look at the ingredients is there any wonder?! It could have been good!

A heads up to all tea companies. If you call a tea ‘Chocolate’ and nothing else, it had better taste like ‘Chocolate’. Also, PUT THE INGREDIENTS ON THE LABEL! People like me have allergies!

So I didn’t write a story this morning with this tea, I soap boxed.

Happy weekend to all!

Hesper June

I hope you will be okay!?!

Bonnie

I didn’t drink too much. About 1/4 cup is all and it was an ingredient not all rooibos.

Dhart1214

I am SO sorry!

Bonnie

Don’t be sorry, you had NO idea since they didn’t put it on the label. That’s the trouble with tea companies. They should label the tea…I’m glad I looked it up or I would have been sick…which DIDN’T happen Dhart…it’s fine!

Helena

All teas should come listed with the ingredients :D there are sooo many people with allergies that it would just make sense. I’m glad your okay :D

Comments

Hesper June

I hope you will be okay!?!

Dhart1214