drank Love by TeaFrog

I have a few sample pouches of rooibos from TeaFrog that I still haven’t tried yet, mostly because I don’t get around to making a pot of tea at home as much as I’d like. I chose this one because of the orange and rose and other florals in the mix. When I first got them, all the pouches kind of smelled like all the other ones, and separation hasn’t helped them much, but I haven’t experienced much cross contamination in the other teas from the box. I say this because this one doesn’t taste much like I expected.

Brewed up, I do of course taste the nutty rooibose base, and a creamy, vanilla flavor. Maybe a hint of orange? I also get a somewhat, minty, musty aroma that sometimes gets into the flavor. No florals at all. It’s not a great match up. Maybe I got a not-great batch, but I don’t see myself going for this one very often.