drank Christmas in a Cup by Elmwood Inn

It’s December 1, which means I start getting into the Christmas spirit. I thought I’d celebrate with a Christmasy tea. This is a tea I’ve had forever… I bought it years and years ago. It’s been in a tin all this time, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s diminished in quality. At least the dry leaf still smells pretty cinnamon-y.

The steeped tea smells pretty much like cinnamon with a brightish black tea base behind it. I don’t get much orange (there is orange peel in the blend), but I never remember this one having much orange flavor to start with. I remember I loved this tea way back before I was a tea addict. I also think I used to drink it sweetened. This tea is still remarkably pleasant to drink after more than five years. The black tea base is pretty smooth and the cinnamon is festive and spicy but not too strong. Still, overall it’s a bit meh, which is likely due to it’s extreme age. I bet that I would drink this one more if I took it home, brewed it really strong, and drank it with milk and sugar.