drank Super Fancy Formosa by Pekko Teas

Thank you to Pekko Teas for this super generous sample.

I admit that I don’t have much experience with Formosa Oolongs, but I wanted to give it a try. This definitely smells like toast, as other reviewers have mentioned, and there is definitely a toast taste when drinking, too, almost like a REALLY crispy toast.

This tea is also very fun to watch while steeping because the leaves are so entertaining to watch. I want to call it “flowy” since I can’t really think of a better word here.

Second infusion at the same time is a bit more astrigent.

So the short story is, a few years ago I was VERY MUCH into tea. And then a lot of things happened, and I got out of tea for a while. And now, I’m back.

To me, tea is the missing puzzle piece for my healthy lifestyle. When I drink tea I am encouraged to eat healthy and be active. I drink tea because I simply enjoy the taste, but the health aspects are just an added bonus.

I love all types of teas, although greens and oolongs tend to be my favorite. I also love a good herbal.

Unless otherwise stated, I drink my teas straight. To brew I either use my ingenuiTEA or T-Sac (for teas that don’t expand much). One of these days I might break down and buy a Breville, but I’m trying to resist..

I’m kinda strict when rating my teas. I rarely give a tea above a 95. Teas that I really like I keep in the 95-85 category. I’ve yet to give a tea 100 yet. So, if you see a tea about 95, that means I thought it was an amazing tea!

Florida, United States