drank Amaretto Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

There are so many intriguing matcha flavors, but this flavor appealed to me because it’s a flavor I like, but is much harder to get. Back in the day I used to drink amaretto sours, but those can be pricey and full of sugar. Amaretto is good on its own, but it’s also expensive (and has alcohol). When I saw this amaretto flavored matcha, I wanted to try it to see how it compared. I got the Robust flavoring level, as always, and made this in my Matcha-Water bottle with ½ teaspoon for matcha and 16 oz. of water.

I have to say I am really impressed at this flavor. It does taste a LOT like an amaretto sour, except there’s no sugar and it’s not sickly sweet. I could add some sugar to this to sweeten it up, but I really don’t think it needs it. I don’t know if you’d necessarily be able to pick it out as amaretto, but knowing that’s what it tastes like I can definitely pick up the flavor.

I’ve also recently learned that amaretto is actually a combination of almonds and apricots. All the more reason it would make a nice fruity (but not overly sweet) drink.

If you love amaretto sours, or just amaretto, I would definitely recommend this. I wonder if anyone would be brave enough to mix this with some REAL amaretto.. LOL.

Get this matcha here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/amaretto-matcha.html

Mercuryhime

Tastes good in hot chocolate!

Comments

Mercuryhime

Tastes good in hot chocolate!

So the short story is, a few years ago I was VERY MUCH into tea. And then a lot of things happened, and I got out of tea for a while. And now, I’m back.

To me, tea is the missing puzzle piece for my healthy lifestyle. When I drink tea I am encouraged to eat healthy and be active. I drink tea because I simply enjoy the taste, but the health aspects are just an added bonus.

I love all types of teas, although greens and oolongs tend to be my favorite. I also love a good herbal.

Unless otherwise stated, I drink my teas straight. To brew I either use my ingenuiTEA or T-Sac (for teas that don’t expand much). One of these days I might break down and buy a Breville, but I’m trying to resist..

I’m kinda strict when rating my teas. I rarely give a tea above a 95. Teas that I really like I keep in the 95-85 category. I’ve yet to give a tea 100 yet. So, if you see a tea about 95, that means I thought it was an amazing tea!

Florida, United States