drank Rouge Bourbon by Mariage Frères

The one dining option in our little burg (pop. 1,035) is the Johnboat Cafe. Seats 20, maybe; limited but tasty menu of perfectly fried catfish, gator, pulled pork, and tenderloins an acre around. Owner, a Louisiana native—love his soft accent—comes out to check on you personally, and last night, took a picture of each plate before he served it. (New menu forthcoming and he needed photos :)

After a sandwich with shrimp as big as a fifth-grader’s fist, there wasn’t a lot of comfortable room for dessert. This worked well. LIttle sweet, the rooibos there to battle the bloat, bit of a Cajun flavor in the name.