(Updated tea info with the description currently on Tao Tea Leaf’s website)

Scribbles is my tea hero this week, sending some treats I definitely couldn’t find in these parts and might not think to seek out. I am absolutely reveling in this one. The tea description says this contains the same leaves that grow up to be pu-erh. You totally get that.

But the first thing this cup made me think of this morning was this: melt butter in skillet. Stir in about a tablespoon of brown sugar. Grab a slice of dark wheat or rye bread and brown both sides until nearly burned. Lick the crust. That’s it.

Steeped plain ol’ western style, about 3 minutes, no milk or sugar. This is gooooood.

K S

Wow. Just wondering what my wife will say when she catches me licking toast? Your description reads like what was going through my head with Zhu Rhong but didn’t have the sense to type out.

Comments

K S

Southwest Missouri