drank Cranberry Pear by DAVIDsTEA

Wow, I kinda like this one!! with my ‘buds existing in half-life zone(yeah they slipped back a little but I don’t mind because I know it isn’t perm!)… I didn’t expect much of anything from this or any other tea. Moreover, there wasn’t much leaf in the sample – I wonder, is that normal for this one? or did I just get a randomly overly fruit-filled bag?
Anyhow, the pear brings out some natural sweetness, and the cranberry is really nice, not too bitter or sour- kinda mellow (compared to what I expected).
I can taste the tea, which is nice. So many teas that go heavy on the fruit just drown out any camellia! I’m tempted to buy some- it seems to work with my condition :)
There is NO maltiness whatsoever(my curse I suppose), just that something extra that sings of “tea” but the fruityness rounds it out for me and thus for the first time ever since this whole mess started, I don’t mind!
I mean, I’ve enjoyed teas a whole lot more in the past… just not this much since I took my hiatus.
I’m cautiously excited here. Sorta toe-dancing happy. Still, I’m in a great mood!!! xx
P.S. I’ve tried catching up on everyone’s reviews. They really pile up when I don’t come around so often…

SimpliciTEA

I am glad to hear you are enjoying this tea!

Indigobloom

hehe thx SimpliciTea, it’s a relief to be sure! :)

Comments

SimpliciTEA

I am glad to hear you are enjoying this tea!

Indigobloom

hehe thx SimpliciTea, it’s a relief to be sure! :)

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)