drank Earl of Anxi by Verdant Tea

So after steeping them once in hot water, I decided to cold brew this one for the second infusion. One thing’s certain — it looks very pretty swirling around in the jar. I’m still not terribly impressed by this one, but I’m finding that if I drink it quickly, without stopping to think about every sip, then it’s pretty inoffensive. The goji berries with the fruitiness of the tieguanyin is pretty nice, and the pepperiness makes it a little more interesting. But I’m not blown away by it, either. I just don’t think this one’s for me. Probably won’t drink again.

Iced

Hi! I’m a linguistics major at a certain infamous east coast tech school, I write, I rock climb, and I have a mild obsession with Diana Wynne Jones.

I’m also Russian, which means I’ve been drinking tea all my life — always loose leaf, and always black. Black teas are still my favorite, but of course I dabble in a bit of everything. I really like ceylon, I recently discovered puer, and I’m having a lot of fun exploring flavored black teas (and making silly fandom blends on adagio…).

My tea cabinet may or may not be accurate at the moment, as I am transitioning between locations…

Rating system (work in progress):
95 – Wow!
85 – My favorites. Cupboard staple material.
75 – Really good. Debating whether to keep it around…
65 – Quite pleasant, but not for me. I probably won’t (re)purchase.
55 – Just okay.