drank Vanilla Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

Got this tea from Janelle, with a note that she like it better than the Vanilla Orchid (which I’m a pretty big fan of). It’s definitely different! It’s not as vanilla-ey, and it’s got that little hint of citrus in there that I like. I think it’s a little more temperamental, though, ‘cause my water temperature wasn’t super precise and it came out a little bitter. Also, this is super silly, but one of the things I like about oolongs is seeing the little balls expand into giant tea leaves — I’m not sure why, but I find it super satisfying! So, I think the vanilla orchid wins in my book, but I’m glad I got a chance to try this one.

Going to go make another cup now, to try and recover from the horrific awkwardness of this afternoon. >.<

Hi! I’m a linguistics major at a certain infamous east coast tech school, I write, I rock climb, and I have a mild obsession with Diana Wynne Jones.

I’m also Russian, which means I’ve been drinking tea all my life — always loose leaf, and always black. Black teas are still my favorite, but of course I dabble in a bit of everything. I really like ceylon, I recently discovered puer, and I’m having a lot of fun exploring flavored black teas (and making silly fandom blends on adagio…).

My tea cabinet may or may not be accurate at the moment, as I am transitioning between locations…

Rating system (work in progress):
95 – Wow!
85 – My favorites. Cupboard staple material.
75 – Really good. Debating whether to keep it around…
65 – Quite pleasant, but not for me. I probably won’t (re)purchase.
55 – Just okay.