drank Xin Yang Mao Jian Green Tea by Teavivre

All the black tea I have had today, and the Diet Coke at lunch, has given me stomach burn. Time to switch to green. I can’t recall reading many other reviews on this one. The dry leaves are the tiniest little dark curls. Steeped they are tiny little whole green leaves. Brewed this is savory, if I understand the term. Not sweet on its own. Takes sweetener well. The smell reminds me of stew meat and potatoes. The taste is cooked vegetables with a grassy green twist. Its bite is a little bitter but in an interesting way. The taste and feel are sort of like melted butter. The aftertaste is fresh and grassy. This is a unique tea and yet it has characteristics of many of the teas I have tried. In a weird way that causes it to get lost among all the other teas in my drawer. I always enjoy it but seldom remember to grab it. I just stumble on it every now and then. That’s a shame as I really do like this one.

My Rating System