drank Keemun Queen's Hope by Lupicia

My 5th tea from The Book of Tea. I kept the brewing time short as suggested by others. The aroma was rich and unique – very smoky (but of course nothing like the bacon-smokiness of Lupicia’s Lapsang Souchong) and also earthy. Taste-wise it’s somewhat pungent, bitter, with hints of plums. Quite a complicated tea huh. It isn’t the kind of tea that will be liked by everyone… it’s more an acquired taste I think, and it may have a greater appeal to sophisticated and adventurous tea drinkers. Definitely not my cup of tea, though I don’t mind having it with Chinese food (which is what we Chinese always do)! I really can’t imagine serving it with milk…