drank Nilgiri FOP by Lupicia

My 7th tea from The Book of Tea. My love for The Book of Tea grows every day. I almost never paid attention to the properties of black tea from different regions in the past (they were all just black tea to me!), so I am really happy that The Book gives me the opportunity to do so! I am amazed by the great variety of black teas – some of them are so wonderful that I wish I can drink it every day, while others taste so “special” that I think a cup would be more than enough. I hope that by the time I finish all the samples from The Book, I would have a better idea of what kind of black tea I like and also what to avoid. :)

I believe Nilgiri FOP will be one of my favourite black teas. It’s medium-bodied, very smooth and I love the mellowness. There’s little astringency in it and it’s on the sweet side. This is a perfect afternoon tea and it will go well with any kind of food. It delights your taste buds instead of overwhelming them or keeping them busy! ;) A bit of milk would make it even more enjoyable.

I am so going to try Nilgiri (also in The Book of Tea) this week! :D