The first officer I was flying with today asked if we wanted anything and I said, “green tea.” So he comes back with this one and I spent a good portion of the flight (while serving passengers) trying to figure out what it was. My first thought was sencha and lemon. Definitely citrus. I thought it was a bit bitter but not overly so. Could have been just because of how long it was steeped. Pretty sure it was probably in there around 5 minutes. The weird part was when I got to the bottom of the cup it was intensely bitter. Kinda weird. Overall, not bad but I probably won’t get it again.

Where to being… well, I’ve been drinking jasmine tea for a long time. It still remains a favorite of mine but I’ve now added any more.

Green teas are my favorite. I like black tea but generally prefer it flavored. I’m finding a new love for oolong. Especially the type that leans more toward green. Whites are nice. Rooibos can be a hit or miss, but honeybush is better. (Golden Honeydew by Lupicia is the best). I don’t mind herbals but it really depends on the ingredients.