drank Vanilla Cloud matcha by Domo

I found this on my way to a tea store, while cutting through a grocery store.

Upon opening the bag, I got a puff of delicious vanilla. I’ve found that my hand-made mug makes a perfect little handled chawan, since the bottom is smooth and rounded.

I don’t normally consider buying matcha, since I can only stand it in small quantities, and on occasion. But I’ve been keeping my eye out for Domo for quite a while (after missing my first chance to pick it up), and it materialized again.

I probably shouldn’t have brushed my teeth just prior to making some. The matcha is vanilla in the front, very smooth, which trails off into grass. Not strong, and also smooth, so it’s very nice. I was considering milk, but I think I can do without it.

I’m still working out what proportions I like. It’s getting a bit more bitter as it cools, but that’s to be expected.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada