Edit tea info Last updated by daisymarcotte

From Acquired Taste Tea Co.

This black tea combines bergamot, grapefruit and mandarin to create a pleasant variation on an Earl Grey theme.

About Acquired Taste Tea Co. View company

I don’t think I’ve written a note on this yet, but I really like this tea! I usually reserve this tea for miserable weather days, rainy, gross..today it is kind of sunny and windy and somewhat warm, but the clouds made it seem appropriate. A lovely EG with a bite of fresh grapefruit, that’s what this is like. Yum!

I am not a huge fan of black tea (unless it’s mixed with various fruits, flower petals, other teas, flavoring, etc… therefore making it pretty much unrecognizeable as a black tea, haha.) At first glance Grapefruit Grey looked like one of the teas I would normally avoid – plain, dark thin leaves, boring but with just a hint of grapefruit scent. I was curious and had to investigate further. As I don’t like strong bitter tea I only steeped it for about 2 minutes, the lovely grapefruit smell was wafting out and the tea was already a dark golden brown so I gave it a try. YUM! So tasty, this has become my favorite Sunday morning lounging in my PJs tea… You could definitely steep it for another minute or so if you like strong bracing teas and it can be resteeped at least once.

I’ve yet to try the Grapefruit Grey from Bayswater but the dry leaf smells very similar to this, anyway. Ultra grapefruity and tangy, and that grapefruit translates nicely in flavour too. I added some light cream and while it placed a damper on the citrus (seems like bergamot stays stronger than grapefruit when you add cream/milk, at least here), it’s a smooth tea to drink in the morning. I’m curious to see how this would turn out as a cold brew.

This tea was the perfect pick me up I needed this morning. I ventured out and picked up my first CSA box of the summer. The leaves of this tea has an intense grapefruit smell that I love. After steeping it mellows out, I unfortunately don’t get a lot of earl grey out of this but otherwise it’s very tasty.

I’m going to hazard that this is the same blend that Bayswater here in Vancouver, BC sells, and that both companies grabbed it from Simpson & Vail (but they call it Citrus Paradisi Tea). Ah, I wish this process were easier. :) Maybe a name, supplier and where purchased needs to be added?

Anyway. This is a lovely tea, and I’m super happy that I grabbed it. A tiny bit tart like grapefruit, juicy and sweet, with zero flowery blergamot that I can detect. It smells amazing too!