Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “It's been a while, Steepster. Many things have changed and time has past, but here I am. Back again and this time with an Adagio Teas staple. I admit to having never tried this before. I will...” Read full tasting note
    Sinister 22 tasting notes
  • “I love ginger, and a tea with just that is hard to come by. Usually it's ginger with some kind of fruit, like ginger peach or ginger pear, or a holiday tea like gingerbread. Not that I don't like...” Read full tasting note
    Orphia 32 tasting notes
  • “Trying out all the samples from Adagio I haven't gotten to yet. I've never had a ginger Tea before, so was curious. It has a bite. But unfortunately I can't distinguish the ginger bite from the...” Read full tasting note
    Kokabel 38 tasting notes
  • “This is a really nice strong ginger flavor, especially if you oversteep it. The black tea base provides a boldness to it. This tea is perfect to soothe an upset stomach!” Read full tasting note
    ktea226 18 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

In the West, ginger is a very popular ingredient in many seasonal desserts. In the East, ginger is celebrated as a digestive and palate cleanser. At Adagio Teas, ginger is renowned as one of the favorite teas, combining the fresh taste of ginger with the rich taste of Ceylon black tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

It’s been a while, Steepster. Many things have changed and time has past, but here I am. Back again and this time with an Adagio Teas staple. I admit to having never tried this before. I will admit to not liking Tazo’s ginger tea much at all. But this is a black tea, which already distinguishes it from that failure. The aroma from the sample tin is already promising. In fact, if the tea turns out to be undrinkable, I’ll keep the tin around just to open and sniff on occasion.

Let me update you with my setting before I take sips of this and review. I’m sequestered in the third story of my Residence Hall at Western Kentucky University. Outside is a good 4-5 inches of snow. It’s finals week and I just recieved a care package loaded with tea. Here we go, I need something soothing and warm, let’s see if Adagio delivers…

Liquor is a dark brown. The smell is, of course, ginger and strong ginger too. Hanging my face over the mug is therapeutic itself.

Wow… That’s… Hang on, I need a few more sips. This is a character study of ginger. It has the base notes of a normal black tea. But taking point, are the strong peppery notes of ginger. It’s hard to convert ginger’s citrus and sweetness to tea and I understand that. And although it lacks those, we can’t fault it for that and it’s perhaps best it doesn’t have them anyway. The aftertaste has what I’m forced to call a cooling mint flavor.

All things considered, I like it. Not as a tea to be drank daily, but perhaps as a seasonal tea?

I love ginger, and a tea with just that is hard to come by. Usually it’s ginger with some kind of fruit, like ginger peach or ginger pear, or a holiday tea like gingerbread. Not that I don’t like those, but sometimes I just want ginger and nothing else.

This tea suits my needs quite nicely. It’s got a strong ginger taste that works well with the black tea base. I can take it either with sugar or without, but I really wouldn’t recommend any milk.

Trying out all the samples from Adagio I haven’t gotten to yet. I’ve never had a ginger Tea before, so was curious.

It has a bite. But unfortunately I can’t distinguish the ginger bite from the black tea’s bitterness. They play off each other and make this rather unpleasant for me. I may have over-steeped this? Next round I’ll try under-steeping and see if the flavor profile changes at all.

As the tea cooled down, the ginger became more obvious and the bitterness less. But it wasn’t very pleasant to drink straight. Perhaps if cut with cream and sugar? But then that’s just sort of sad.

Very nice.. with a strong ginger flavour.