Chocolate Chai

Black Chai Blend
Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Fjellrev

• “Oh, hello Yogi Tea's Choco Chai. I never thought this was going to taste anything like that, but it does. Although this has a stronger base, while Yogi's was on the watery side. This is actually...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 915 tasting notes
  • “My parents picked me up a box of this as part of my Valentine's Day present because they're awesome and thoughtful like that. This isn't a bad breakfast tea! It got me up and going and almost ok...” Read full tasting note
    ajkiv2411 52 tasting notes

From Bigelow

India is a land shrouded in mystery. From the beauty of the Taj Mahal to the markets of New Delhi, it is a country unlike any other in the world. For centuries. the drink of the Maharajas has been equally mysterious – an ambrosia called Chai.

Chai is a delightful blend of tea and exotic spices. It is often brewed with milk, which gives Chai a wonderful, creamy characteristic. In Bigelow All Natural Chocolate Chai we have added chocolate, offering you a whole new dimension in Chai.

To enjoy the authentic Chai experience, just open up our stay-fresh foil packet, brew a cup, add milk, sweetner or honey to bring out the flavor of the spices. For a moment you might just feel like a Maharini.

Ingredients: black tea, low-fat alkalized cocoa powder, spices, natural dark chocolate flavors with other natural flavors

About Bigelow View company

Oh, hello Yogi Tea’s Choco Chai. I never thought this was going to taste anything like that, but it does. Although this has a stronger base, while Yogi’s was on the watery side.

This is actually pretty good. There’s actual cocoa powder in this one too, and I detect mostly cinnamon and ginger behind the cocoa. The base never got bitter but granted, I really watched the steeping time.

With some 2% milk, it’s kind of like drinking hot chocolate, especially Dagoba’s Xocolatl hot chocolate mix, minus the heat from the cayenne (well, and their mix tasted much better).

Thanks to Bigelow for the sample!

Anna

‘Yogi Choco Chai’ is way too much fun to say.

My parents picked me up a box of this as part of my Valentine’s Day present because they’re awesome and thoughtful like that. This isn’t a bad breakfast tea! It got me up and going and almost ok with the fact that it’s only Wednesday. I stayed up way too late last night (curse you, Orange is the New Black!) so I needed a boost this morning.
To the tea, it’s really good. As it cools, I’m getting more of a chocolate note and the spiciness of the chai is very nice. It’s very balanced and I enjoy it. I made it and added some milk and a packet of artificial sweetener. I don’t like artificial sweetener but I didn’t realize I was out of sugar at the office so this was pilfered from the break room. Shhh! Anyway, pretty good little tea. You should give it a shot.

Flavors: Chocolate