Cranberry Apple

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LutherC

• “9 months ago I made this and noted I had 4 bags left... and I just made the tea up last night. 4 tea bags in 6 cups water overnight in the fridge. I think I have finally come to the conclusion...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1480 tasting notes
  • “A tea I managed to pick up from Wallmart in Las Vegas earlier this year. Colour: Deep red Smell: Sour apple Fruity, fruity, fruity and hibiscus(sy). This is a sweet and sour tea, sweet from...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1090 tasting notes
  • “Looks like hibiscus. Smells like artificial apples. Not an auspicious start. Tastes blah. Very similar to the Apple Cinnamon Bigelow I tried yesterday. Both of them similar to Celestial Seasonings...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 696 tasting notes
  • “Alaska Airlines serves this tea in their Anchorage to Nome flights. I'm pretty sure the teabag has traveled many, many miles, and is probably really old. However, I was happy with this tea -- it...” Read full tasting note
    Calochortus 84 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Cranberry Apple Herb Tea is a natural beverage. It contains no artificial coloring or preservatives and it has no caffeine.

Ingredients: hibiscus, cranberries and apples, rose hips, natural(soy lecithin).

About Bigelow View company

9 months ago I made this and noted I had 4 bags left… and I just made the tea up last night.

4 tea bags in 6 cups water overnight in the fridge.

I think I have finally come to the conclusion that I prefer fruit tisanes as cold brews. Even when they’re loaded with hibiscus, I would rather drink this than a cold-brewed black tea. Black tea can be hot brewed and poured over ice for immediate gratification, or in smaller amounts (2-4 cups).

So. I like this better than all the SBT’s I bought just because it’s not a black tea. Even though the SBT’s have better flavour, I just… have been brewing them and then leaving them in the fridge so long I have to throw them out.

So even last time I said less hibiscus-based bagged brews, maybe I should buy more?

Suziqzer

Hmmm… Interesting. I’m just getting started with learning what to try as cold brews… should be an interesting summer :)

OMGsrsly

Some people really like cold brews of black tea. I’ve realized that when I drink a cold brew it’s not because I want more caffeine, it’s because I’m thirsty and I’m using cold brew fruit or herbal stuff as a juice replacement. Iced black tea is great up till about lunch time, but I can’t drink at my desk at work, so it’s a weekend-only kind of thing.

A tea I managed to pick up from Wallmart in Las Vegas earlier this year.

Colour: Deep red
Smell: Sour apple

Fruity, fruity, fruity and hibiscus(sy). This is a sweet and sour tea, sweet from the apple, sour from the cranberry and some tortness from the hibiscus which in fairness is not too badly blended in behind the other fruity flavours. It’s so super strong which makes me think this would be a lovely iced tea especially as it’s caffeine free.
I also love that is is naturally flavoured.

Cautionary note: Prepare for your lips to pucker and your tongue to say ‘OOOHHHH’.

Looks like hibiscus. Smells like artificial apples. Not an auspicious start. Tastes blah. Very similar to the Apple Cinnamon Bigelow I tried yesterday. Both of them similar to Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon. I can finish the cup, I think, but this is not good tea. I want my Joys Teaspoon back! : )

185 °F / 85 °C

Alaska Airlines serves this tea in their Anchorage to Nome flights. I’m pretty sure the teabag has traveled many, many miles, and is probably really old. However, I was happy with this tea — it was super red (hibiscus coloring?), but I could taste the cranberry and apple. I don’t know, the ingredients list is different on my teabag, so perhaps the blend has changed? It got pretty tart after about 5 minutes of steeping, but it was good without sweetener.

Bigelow Tea

You’re right on the coloring, hibiscus contributes to the rich red color….blend hasn’t changed, how did the ingredients differ? You can contact us directly at 1-888-244-3569 if you’d like.
Kathy for Bigelow Tea

Calochortus

It looks like there was a wording change, but the ingredients are the same — I was looking at the “cranberry fiber flake” part in comparison to the ingredients listed. Are there still fiber flakes? That sounds interesting.

Had this with a bit of sugar in it, it was a nice reddish-pink color. Had a sour/tart taste, along with floral tones, with a smooth, sweet finish. Pretty good!

Another work tea, pretty good strong taste without overpowering sweetness. Doesn’t resteep at all though.

A new tea that is supplied in our break rooms at work. Thought to give it a try!

I prepared it like all my other teas I have at work. I do a 4oz hot water (about 120-140) with tea bag in cup. Top off with another 4 oz of cool or cold water. Let it steep for about a minute and a half depending on color. I do this because I do not have a lot of time to wait on my tea. So I came up with this method and use it for my green and black teas.

Flavor: tart apple with a hint of cranberry
Aroma: of hibiscus and following note of apple
Liquor: is a deep red

The cranberry in this tea really stuck out! Quite tart, even sour, but fruity and all around a pretty yummy tea.

Boiling 8 min or more