Rosie's Hobbit Tea (black currant + vanilla black)

Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

• “My first attempt at this… My ratio is one part Black Currant to two parts Vanilla Black. I definitely like this. I might give a one to one ratio a go, but I am thinking this is pretty...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 985 tasting notes

From Custom - Harney and Sons

My attempt at a version of the Jane Austen Mafia. All credit goes to Christa Y (and I apologize that I can’t wrap my brain around drinking flavored tea from where you blended it). I will be working on another name to protect your creative property (which is brilliant!).

A blend of Black Currant and Vanilla Black teas from Harney & Sons.

About Custom - Harney and Sons View company

My first attempt at this… My ratio is one part Black Currant to two parts Vanilla Black. I definitely like this. I might give a one to one ratio a go, but I am thinking this is pretty close.

24 oz teapot, 1 1/2 tsp Black Currant tea, 3 tsp Vanilla Black tea, freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Now I need a name for this. I hate to steal the brilliance that is Christa Y’s name, but am looking for something that is equally as cool. I am thinking along the lines of Liz Bennet, Spymaster……. You know, the original M, which is just short for Mrs. Darcy.

Or maybe this will be my Hobbit Tea. I can picture Rosie Cotton Gamgee making this tea for her friends. I am leaning toward this one…Rosie’s Hobbit Tea. What do you think?

Hmmm, I like both lines of thought here…Having just watched Fellowship of the Ring, and waiting in great anticipation for The Hobbit, I think I will cast my vote in favor of Rosie, nothing against Mrs. Darcy of course. I will try this at home tonight, I actually have some of both!

Oh my gosh my heart was just stolen away ; 3;
Hobbit tea! Rosie’s Hobbit Tea! My eyes are tearing up with glee so I think it’s a yes from me. :)!

Hmmm, as an advocate of second breakfast, I think it would be nice to have a whole line of appropriate teas for the occasion. Shire Tea might be a good name for a basic one. You really must come up with a Tom Bombadil blend! Something a little smokey, maybe? Or an really earthy green?

Yes! Rosie’s Hobbit Tea is a winner for sure! Nerds… I love nerds :)

Yes, I think we have a winner!

@ashmanra- I agree we need a whole series. Wouldn’t Tom Bombadil be more of a pu’erh (earthy, like dirt, etc.)? That is one I can’t drink…yet.

Hear, hear! I second ashmanra’s motion.

Awesome name! I think that’s a great blend for Rosie (though I might throw in a pinch of rose scented too!)

Oohh. A pinch of Rose Scented sounds good. I will try that next!

I thought of puerh, typed it, then erased it because I know a lot of people don’t care for it. So yes, I think it would be a great choice! Maybe the strawberry chocolate one from Lupicia would be a good candidate.

I just saw the name of this tea, and I love it! Rosie Cotton, right? Totally fits, as Hobbits love drinking tea!