Temple d'Angkor

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by JacquelineM

• “Forgot I had this. Needed a light after-dinner treat. The fruity mix in this one reminds me so much of cotton candy; still sticky and strong on the tongue after you swallow. The only downside...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1757 tasting notes
  • “This tea courtesy of Doulton! The dry leaves smell great; the brewing leaves smell INCREDIBLE! I smell melon, something like strawberry, green tea, and something almost creamy. Steep 1: The...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Thank you to *Doulton* for allowing me to sample this tea! Wow! This is REALLY good. I don't know why I should be surprised, though. Every single Dammann Frères tea that I've tried has been...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *JacquelineM* for this tea! I don't even know how to describe this! It reminds me of cantaloupe. Not in an overpowering, artificial way either. At the very end (and only if I make the...” Read full tasting note
    mosshorn 18 tasting notes

From Dammann Freres

A visit of the mysterious sanctuary of the Khmer kingdom. This green tea from Yunnan is blended with various fruit flavours (green lemon, green apple, melon), resulting in a feeling of wild freshness, while the petals of red roses are recalling to the enigmatic smile of the Buddha of Angkor- Vat.

About Dammann Freres View company

The only downside is that it’s a little temperamental, temperature-wise; I think there’s a two degree sweet spot, and if you miss it, the tea base turns a little bitter. Plunked in some sugar and that took the edge off.

A decidedly mellow drink to wind down with, but hubby’s got me watching a Johnny Cash tribute concert on PBS (Sheryl Crow’s boogeying to “Cry, Cry, Cry”) and I may have to make a fresh cup of something I can tap my toes to…

gmathis

Kris Kristofferson! (Off to check schedule for the rebroadcast…)

Azzrian

Really!?!? He made an album with Rita Cooledge once I think – barely remember it from my youth but I know there was one song I really loved!

This tea courtesy of Doulton!

Steep 1: The fragrance is divine. The taste is so good. A great green tea flavor balanced with what I can only describe as strawberrytropicalfruitmelon and cream.

Steep 2 (4 min): I am almost enjoying the fragrance as much as the tea!!! Such pleasant sipping. More melon-y this go ’round.

Steep3 (5min): More goodness. Is that banana?

I am giving this a rating just a touch lower than the cherry because I enjoy cherry flavors more, but this is yet another super enjoyable French Green Tea. I just love how balanced the flavors are, and how nicely the green tea comes through. I’m hopelessly addicted!!

Thank you to Doulton for allowing me to sample this tea!

Wow! This is REALLY good. I don’t know why I should be surprised, though. Every single Dammann Frères tea that I’ve tried has been good, most have been beyond good! This is one of those beyond good ones.

The flavor of the green tea is prominent – it has a rich buttery taste with a smooth mouthfeel and a vegetative quality that is a bit like steamed and buttered green vegetables – spinach maybe? It isn’t a strong vegetative essence but it is there in the background and I like how it plays with the very juicy tasting fruit flavors in this blend.

I taste strawberry, even though the description from Dammann Frères does not indicate that there are strawberries in this blend. Perhaps it is the melon that I’m tasting. The lemon is distinct, especially in the finish. The fruit has a nice balance of sweet and tart.

It’s YUMMY!

Thanks to JacquelineM for this tea!

I don’t even know how to describe this! It reminds me of cantaloupe. Not in an overpowering, artificial way either. At the very end (and only if I make the smacking noise to taste), I get a hint of that traditional green tea taste. Overall this tea is excellent, one that I would serve to friends to show off, or to myself when I feel like fancy drinking :P