Organic Houjicha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “The weather is cold & foggy today and since I'm still feeling kinda oooky, I decided I really wanted some of this. With the sweet, roasted chestnutty type of flavor, it's like comfort tea for yours...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2466 tasting notes
  • “This is delicious! Got it from a local cafe. It has a creamy note, in addition to the sweet roasted flavors of a normal houjicha. I would put it at just slightly better than Den's regular...” Read full tasting note
    Shinobi_cha 280 tasting notes

From Den's Tea

Our Organic Houjicha is a made from roasted organic Bancha. Besides being organic, Houjicha contains the lowest level of caffeine of any Japanese Green Tea.

Origin: Uji, Kyoto
Harvest: Between 2009 First and Second Harvests
Species: Yabukita

Tasting Profile:
It has an earthy soil aroma and a relaxing taste.

Den’s Preferred Brewing:
Water: 4oz boiled
Leaves: 2 grams or 1 heaping teaspoon
Steep: 30 sec
2nd Cup: Water boiled; Steep 15 sec

For a cup of Iced Tea: Put 50% more tea leaves into a teapot. Steep as directed for hot tea. Once you brew it, put ice into the cup to lock in the aroma.

About Den's Tea View company

The weather is cold & foggy today and since I’m still feeling kinda oooky, I decided I really wanted some of this. With the sweet, roasted chestnutty type of flavor, it’s like comfort tea for yours truly. Enjoying this now with a bowl of split pea soup.

See previous notes for more info. :)

ScottTeaMan

<3 Houjicha…….feel better!

TeaBrat

Thanks Scott! I went to the Dr. today, should be on the mend soon.

Fjellrev

Hope you’re feeling better now! Mmm, Houjicha is like comfort food in a cup.

This is delicious! Got it from a local cafe.
I would put it at just slightly better than Den’s regular “Houjicha Gold” , however, since I got this from a cafe, I don’t get to try multiple infusions or smell the loose leaf and get a real feeling for the tea, so I’m going to rate it the same.

oOTeaOo sent me a teabag version of this same stuff, and that, too was excellent.