Sobacha

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by hanshin767

• “The first time I even had Soba tea, I had been in Japan for only a few days so far, and was sitting in a small parlor at a government center in Japan, and was served this as I waited. It tasted...” Read full tasting note
    pafrisoli 3 tasting notes
  • “Was introduced to soba cha at a soba restaurant called Cocoron and it was a great tea to have with food. I picked this up when I saw it on sale but when I brewed this up it had a different flavor...” Read full tasting note
    Copperchef 1 tasting notes

From Ito En

Product description not available yet.

About Ito En View company

The first time I even had Soba tea, I had been in Japan for only a few days so far, and was sitting in a small parlor at a government center in Japan, and was served this as I waited. It tasted like cheerios in a cup, and is so delicious. It took me a long time to find out the english translation – buckwheat tea.
I highly recommend trying it – you may find it at a Japanese or Korean grocer.
Each teabag is designed for 1 pot of tea; 200cc of water for 2 small cups of tea. Let it cool a bit after poring/removing tea bag. Served hot or chilled with no sweetner or milk.

Was introduced to soba cha at a soba restaurant called Cocoron and it was a great tea to have with food. I picked this up when I saw it on sale but when I brewed this up it had a different flavor than I remembered.

This tea is much more fragrant and has a stronger flavor as well. It has an extremely nutty scent and taste almost like sesame and peanut. This was also sweeter than what I get in the restaurant so I will end up treating this more like a dessert tea.

This might not be for everyone but if you enjoy nutty/grain based teas then give it a try.